• Enrolled in your first year of law school; expected graduation date of 2020
• Identify as Black/African-American, Hispanic, Latino and/or Native American/Aboriginal
• Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
• Demonstrated outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytics
• Strong record of initiative-taking and leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature
• Genuine interest in business and find problem-solving exhilarating • Enjoy working in teams
• Willingness to travel Who You'll Work With You'll work in one of our offices in the U.S. or Canada for 10 weeks in the summer.
You'll work as part of a client project team, collaborating with colleagues and clients to solve their toughest business problems. We are committed to building the leaders of tomorrow. As part of that commitment, we are proud to offer a JD DiversityLeaders Internship program (JDLI). This program, which is part of our firm-wide effort to attract top diversity talent, joins our strong network of existing programs to serve our McKinsey Black Network, Hispanic Latino Network and Native American Network.
When you join McKinsey as a JDLI, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult problems. You will also work with a range of experts in the firm, from data scientists to researchers to software and app designers. You'll also join a community of caring colleagues in our McKinsey Black Network, Hispanic/Latino Network, and Native American Network for social, networking, and learning opportunities.
Internship Compensation: $18 - $26
What You'll Do You'll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. You'll gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. JDLIs receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes an optional but strong recommended introductory learning and community program before you join us for the summer, a week of training when you arrive, and a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide you throughout your internship. You will work at the client site with your McKinsey colleagues and with the client team, owning a distinct piece of the project. Some examples of the specific work may include interviewing clients, leading client teams, building financial models, creating and delivering presentations, and working with McKinsey subject experts to develop perspectives and insights for the client.
McKinsey is deeply focused on learning and personal development and we want to ensure candidates are given the right training and experience to be set up for success post-graduation. At the end of the summer, you may receive an offer to join us full-time as an Associate after the completion of your degree.