A9.com, an Amazon company, creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. We are looking for engineers to join our Software Development Internship to help build our next generation of web applications and services that have the potential to be used by millions of Amazon customers.
Our Visual Search team creates solutions aimed at helping customers search and discover the world around them via a camera-phone view. We use advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that dramatically improve the experience of Amazon customers. The work we do enables our computer vision technology to scale to Amazon size.
At A9, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our office in Atlanta, Georgia.
· Pursuing a bachelor's in computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline
· Currently enrolled in a university with graduation dates starting March 2019 and onward
· Able to work full-time (40 hrs/week) for 12 consecutive weeks from September 2018 through December 2018
· A minimum of 2+ years of experience building large-scale server systems in Java, C++, Python or other object-oriented OO languages
· A minimum of 2+ years of experience building web applications with Ruby on Rails, Django or other scripting languages and MVC frameworks
Average Intern Pay: $20.00 / Hour
· Pursuing Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
· Experience building and operating large-scale, high-traffic web and/or mobile applications and web services
· Experience with relational databases, including MySQL and Oracle
· Experience using Amazon Web Services including EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
· Demonstrated a passion for user experience design and improving usability
· Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
· Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code
· Prior internship experience where you have demonstrated an ability to work in teams, problem solve and communicate effectively regarding technical projects
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.