Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business, and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have the freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge computer, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator in the US, Sweden, and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
Machine Intelligence, the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes the development of models, frameworks, and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson is now looking for Junior Data Scientists to significantly expand its global team for AI acceleration.
Do you have a depth of understanding of Machine Learning and AI technologies?
Do you want to apply and extend those skills to solve real complex problems with high societal impact; going beyond ML/AI for consumption and advertising?
Then, you do want to join Ericsson’s global team of Data Scientists pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large and complex data.
As a Junior Data Scientist, you will need to have good programming skills and a strong understanding of data science and Machine Learning tools. You will use your knowledge and/or experience in Data Science methodologies apply them to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other DS in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to the rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solution addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT, and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Conduct studies and find the creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows, and documents
- Work with new technologies and champion them in MI Communities within Ericsson.
- Assist MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross-functional initiatives
- Engage with the external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
Average Salary: $93,000 - $111,000
To be successful; one should have:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, or related field
- 1 or 2 years of the real world or research experience in data science.
- Statistics knowledge, e.g.: descriptive analysis and supervised and unsupervised analysis
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
- Experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Understanding of Machine Learning, e.g.: linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis, bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, H2O, Keras, TensorFlow, and Spark, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers addressing their functionalities, scalability and overall industrialization viability
You may have:
- Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation is a plus
- Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm, and persistence
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.