As a Software Engineering Intern, you will build requirements, design, develop, perform code reviews, and test components for solutions related to the core systems running several of Equifax’s core lines of business. The Core Software Engineering (CSE) groups are essential in developing reusable code for data processing and fulfillment system and products. This internship position is responsible for perform general application development activities as an embedded team member of one of our CSE delivery teams. CSE has several core program team focused on numerous aspects of product development including Hadoop-based big data processing and retrieval, Scores and Attribute-based portfolio management, Rules-based decisioning products, Fraud products, e-Commerce solutions sites and product delivery, and DevOps Release Engineering. Equifax is seeking bright, determined Developer Intern who can thrive in a dynamic environment; someone who is excited about the opportunity to make an immediate impact with their work and bring new and innovative solutions to our customers.
- Be part of an Agile team responsible for design and development of platform components of the next generation product and solutions delivery platforms, including: Design, Development, Bug Fixes, Code Review, Testing, and Technical Documentation
- Develop code with guidance from more senior developers
- Validating technology capabilities in areas such as performance, scalability, and capability
- Interface with internal development teams on large-scale, multi-tier, big data systems
- Play active role in our Communities of Practice and organizing Hackathon(s)
Average Salary - $20.00
- Familiarity with OOD/OOP design and patterns, primarily in the Java domain
- Experience with Linux systems and tools
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving, and decision making abilities
- Ability to work on a team and independently as needed
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing project requirements and continuous feedback
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and good software engineering practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 1+ years of experience developing with modern Java EE, JDK (v1.7+), Spring Projects, RESTful services, APIS, MicroServices, or related frameworks
- 1+ years of experience developing with Relational Databases, such as Oracle, Postgres, or MySQL
- 1+ year of experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, and/or Hadoop, HDFS, or NoSQL processing un-structured or semi-structured data (JSON, XML, Avro)
- DevOps Experience with source code repository like SVN/GIT, build tools like Maven & Jenkins, CI CD, and testing frameworks including Junit, JMeter, Cucumber, or others
- Detail oriented: Able to work on many parts of an application or system but at the same time be able to concentrate and pay attention to detail
- Willingness to acquire new skills
Equifax powers the financial future of individuals and organizations around the world. Using the combined strength of unique trusted data, technology and innovative analytics, Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights and knowledge that helps its customers make informed decisions. The company organizes, assimilates and analyzes data on more than 600 million consumers and more than 80 million businesses worldwide, and its databases includes employee data contributed from more than 5000 employers.
*Seeking candidates available to work full-time during Fall 2018 semester.