With over 70 million users, 70 million reviews, and 2 billion books, Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Founded in 2007, Goodreads is where readers find and share books they love. Loved by avid and casual readers alike, Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine, share ratings and recommendations, track what they have read, and list what they want to read. Goodreads is also a place where more than 100,000 authors connect with readers. Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon, Inc.
The Revenue team at Goodreads is responsible for the advertisement, book deals and affiliate sales technologies. We strive to offer authors, publishers, and users a unique place for book sales promotions catered to their unique preferences and tastes.
As a Software Development Engineer in the Revenue team, you will:
1. Design, build and own highly distributed and scalable services that will help targeting book promotions and sponsored content to our customers.
2. Develop customer-facing experiences to promote sponsored content solutions to our customers.
3. Work in a fast-paced environment where code is pushed into production multiple times in a day.
4. Have the opportunity to closely work with a great team of software developers
You are the ideal candidate if you are equally comfortable writing code and defining technical architecture. You must have a deep understanding of scalable, distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, full-stack web development, and application design, as well as flexibility and a passion for learning new skills. You will be expected to work in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies and bring flexibility, speed, and quality to our team. The successful candidate will thrive in a culture of experimentation and innovation, but also have a proven track record of delivering results to solve challenging problems.
· 6+ years of industry experience.
· A BS in Computer Science or a related degree
· Expertise in coding & software engineering in Java, C++, or Ruby.
· Expertise in working on large scale data sets using SQL & NoSQL technologies
· Experience with caching, queuing, RPC frameworks and other building blocks of a large scale distributed systems.
· Experience with test-driven development
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Experience with NoSQL AWS data stores like DynamoDB, CloudSearch or their open source equivalents like Cassandra, HBase, Solr or ElasticSearch
· Experience in front end development using AJAX, React and Node.js
· Experience with data pipelines (Kafka, AWS Kinesis, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue)
· Experience building web applications, widgets, or interactive experiences.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.