Master of a Million JS Libraries
You’ll be responsible for helping lead the development and architecture of interactive projects and collaborating with a very skilled and passionate team of designers, developers and producers.
You will have the chance to lead the development on a variety of projects including, but not limited to, web applications for desktop and mobile, large dot-com site frameworks, and creative digital campaigns. As a Senior Developer, you’ll be leading the build of large sites and technically complex projects with an eye to architecture and structure. Your daily responsibilities extend beyond just coding, as you will be responsible for providing leadership and mentoring other members of the team.
As a Senior Developer, you should have experience in multiple languages and frameworks, but have focused expertise in at at least one. You are able to see the bigger picture behind design patterns and architecture and how to engineer complex behaviors and components. You can proactively spot typical technical and creative issues before they come up based on your previous experiences. You excel at working comfortably with other team members from various departments. We expect a professional understanding of web technologies and computer science.
- Take the role of lead developer on larger and more technically complex projects, delegating tasks and reviewing code for multiple members of the team.
- Write consistent clean, readable code that can be easily maintained.
- Architecting front-end solutions for larger dot com sites, determining modularity, systematic design, and planning for extensibility.
- Responsible for making technical choices and direction on the project and working closely with creative and production leads.
- Actively seeks to mentor and improve the team by providing guidance and support.
- Have a expert-level understanding of core engineering principles and computer science concepts such as algorithms, data structures, networking, and working with database.
- Well-versed in CSS pre- and post-processors (SASS, LESS, PostCSS, etc) and their configs.
- Expertise with at least 1 modern build tool (Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.).
- Expertise with dependency management tools (NPM, Browserify, RequireJS, etc.).
- Expertise working with responsive design and developing for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Experience working with 3rd party services, APIs, and content management systems.
- Experience implementing and working with analytics providers such as Google Tag Manager and Core Metrics.
- Knowledge of SEO and Accessibility best-practices.
- Knowledge of security best practices (OWASP, etc.).
- Deep understanding of web optimization techniques for performance and load time.
- Experience with capacity planning and designing for high-traffic/load.
- Experience leading development on projects with multiple developers.
- Experience mentoring junior members and providing code reviews.
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA.
- Able to communicate clearly with non-technical team members about requirements, blockers, and solutions.
- Able to self-manage and focus on more than one project at a time.
- Typically 6 to 10 years experience of building multiple sites or apps, taking different approaches, and solving various technical and creative issues.
- No ego.
Good to Have
- Good animation principles and experience with animations libraries.
- Experience with canvas, webGL, three.js, or other creative web technologies.
- Experience with other non-web technologie, such as Swift, Java, Objective-C, Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Server-side development and/or DevOps experience.
- Previous agency experience.
Firstborn offers an excellent compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance costs for you and your family.
- Summer Fridays, paid sabbaticals and flexible working arrangements.
- Generous 401K matching.
- Fast-paced work environment with passionate people who love what they do.