About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As Lead Tech Developer, you will receive a technical leadership role responsible for enhancing and maintaining the core origination and underwriting applications supporting both Life and Annuity New Business initiatives. These business critical systems are necessary to create, assess, approve, and issue new policies to end customers. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly talented and collaborative team using your talents to create new and innovative applications as well as maintain existing applications serving the fast-paced, challenging, and demanding business environment. A high degree of latitude for innovation is afforded in the role while expecting adherence to good practices ensuring quality, secure, and stable applications. You will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for your assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. You will develop innovative complex business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. You will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
- Demonstrate advanced ability to prioritize, schedule, and deliver on competing initiatives. Exhibit comfort level in reviewing and adjusting plans in collaboration with management and other team members.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests complex software application solutions for systems.
- Assesses and measures solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs, and bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Creates more complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops complex solutions
- Provides direction to development teams in areas of project scheduling, technical direction and application development standards.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
- Provides input on the development of project plans, test plans and implementation plans including determining estimates on time frames, needed resources and budgets.
- Mentor junior developers in good development practices including reviewing code to allow rapid identification and resolution of code concerns.
- Serve as a role model for self-motivated professional development and continuous improvement.
- Serves as a subject matter expert &/or provides direction on the design & development of applications systems while demonstrating an understanding of the broad implications & financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational & infrastructure support.
- Serves as a technical expert and provides complex technical guidance to junior team members.
- Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution.
- Serves as lead technical resource to ensure completion of development tasks.
- Lead enhancement and maintenance core origination and underwriting applications critical to the Life and Annuities New Business processes. (Design 60%/Coding 40%)
- Collaborate effectively with business and IT stakeholders to analyze requirements, design and document, develop, test/fix, and deliver high quality and secure code.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
Salary $71K Plus
Education & Experience
- 5-7+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position(Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 3-5 years of demonstrated ability to successfully propose, lead, develop, and implement ingenious solutions (preferred)
- Have developed within the last year, Java/JEE based web applications leveraging frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate. 5+ years of demonstrated success with developing Java-based web applications desired. Experience with deployment to IBM WebSphere is a plus.
- Exhibit practical delivery of web services in production systems including implementation of common security technologies and techniques.
- Development of both SOAP and REST based services preferred. 5+ years of demonstrated success with web services desired.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Oracle database systems through versions 11g and 12c including PL/SQL stored procedures. 3+ years of demonstrated success with Oracle DB technologies desired.
- 3+ years of tangible success using XML for data exchange operations desired.
"There is no Certification or Licensure Listed"
- Travel Type : National Domestic
- Travel Amount : up to 10%
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information.