Marketing Manager – Content Marketing
The Marketing Manager – Digital Content Marketing is responsible for driving James Hardie’s digital content strategy and execution and will oversee the development, distribution, and measurement of all digital content marketing efforts.
Responsibilities will include: support and contribute to the planning and development of James Hardie’s digital strategy, manage all content creation efforts for the website, email, social media, blog, partner content, videos, etc., while ensuring content reflects and furthers the James Hardie brand.
The incumbent will manage internal and external content contributors and frequently work with stakeholders across departments, including segment and sales management, and legal teams. The role is based in Chicago, IL and will report to the Sr. Marketing Manager – Digital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee editorial calendar, and ensure alignment to content marketing strategy & brand voice
- Support day-to-day management of content creation and distribution, including the timely production of a blog, website, email, native, and video content
- Serve as the final content gatekeeper to ensure editorial best practices and brand alignment are maintained at the highest standard
- Manage James Hardie’s content management system (Kentico) to publish website content across sites
· Manage SEO strategy and execution, including content optimizations, SEO platform oversight, and reporting
- Work with internal staff and outside vendors to ensure content projects are executed on time and within budget
- Prepare, analyze and communicate performance reporting, including recommendations for ongoing improvements, opportunities, and competitive insights
· Oversees project prioritization and allocation of team resources (time, people, and investment). Establish, build, and maintain relevant internal and external relationships
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Although this position does not have direct reports currently, the Marketing Manager needs to demonstrate leadership qualities in order to be considered for promotion.
The career path for this position is Sr. Marketing Manager.
· Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred)
· 5-7+ years of successful related experience
· Specific work experience in marketing, advertising, project management, written communications, and documentation management are highly desirable
· Experience writing, editing and creating digital and social content
· Editorial mindset with content management experience
· Experience independently developing marketing strategies
· Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
· Experience with Google Analytics, content management platforms, top social platforms
· Familiarity with SEO best practices; experience with SEO management platforms a plus
· Excels at both leadership of and participation in cross-functional relationships
· High level of motivation with the ability to operate as an individual and team contributor
· Strong project management skills and attention to detail
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Bachelor's Degree, related field
5-7+ years of experience in a corporate marketing environment; with a preferred focus on channel/ret
Experience leading cross-functional teams
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $101K-$129K+
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for the ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
We are looking for a smart, business-minded marketer with 5-7 years of digital marketing background and experience in content marketing strategy and SEO strategy and execution. They must have experience managing internal and external content contributors for multiple channels; email, websites, social media, blogs, partner content, native advertising, etc.
At James Hardie Building Products, we are looking for people who are Smart, Driven, and Real.
We hire leaders and innovators - not employees or staff. James Hardie is a $2B WORLD LEADER in fiber-cement building products and technology, and our success and quality of our products are attributed to the talent of our people. We manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential and light commercial markets.