zSpace is a technology firm based in Sunnyvale, California that creates mixed reality systems that combine elements of virtual and augmented reality in a computer.
Want to work with cutting-edge augmented and virtual reality (AR\/VR) technology in the heart of Silicon Valley? zSpace, Inc., a Sunnyvale-based Edtech provider, is seeking a Visual Designer to help us amp up our web and product content creation and management. We’re looking for a high-energy, self-motivated person who will be creative in looking for great opportunities for zSpace to shine. You’ll have the opportunity to make significant contributions and take on exciting projects within a close-knit team.
This person will be responsible for the “look and feel” of our website and brand, including:
Web, Software Products, and Visual Content:
- Provide expert creative guidance on the overall look, feel and functionality of web and product design projects, including product packaging
- Meet with internal stakeholders or external clients to discuss objectives for the website and other online projects
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces, including websites, zSpace devices, and apps
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Design user-centered interaction models, wireframes, user flows, and screen mockups
- Online graphics work (icons, email templates, display ads, etc.)
- Create compelling artwork (including logos, images, icons, banners) and layouts that are appealing and user-friendly
- Create and organize production assets and source images
- Help assess and recommend specific improvements to existing pages and software interfaces
Salary: $94K Plus
- Mandarin Speaker – Should be literate in Simplified or Traditional Chinese to provide creative guidance on Chinese website
- Artistic Sensibility – Knowledge about design elements, such as color and composition
- User-Centered Design – Can help craft personas, scenarios, and prototypes.
- Technical Skill – Required technical skills to use design software programs (listed below), as well as a general interest in computers and an aptitude for learning new technology, will be necessary.
- Communication Ability – Ability to effectively present ideas both verbally and visually. Be able to present your ideas to the marketing team or partners and work with them to achieve the end product. Ability to write effectively and clearly.
- Organization – Be organized in order to meet deadlines, keep track of revision history, and sharing work in a collaborative way for the team to review.
- Problem Solving Ability – Choosing the right fonts, colors, and shots to create a balanced composition, while simultaneously conveying meaning and staying within branding guidelines. In order to succeed in this job, you'll need to have strong problem-solving skills and love a good challenge.
Software or equivalent:
- Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
- Microsoft Office Products
- Google Apps and Drive
Job Type: Full-time
- Mandarin (Required)