bulb's Marketing Associate is the task-master behind the details and execution of bulb's trade shows and events. Their primary focus is on working with the various vendors and partners needed to pull off a successful event. Outside of events, the role will support Digital Marketing and Sales Enablement efforts.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
BASE SALARY: $32K - 35K
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Austin, TX
WHY BULB? : )
- We're part of a reformation, forging a path that changes teaching and learning for the 21st century.
- We get to work with some of the most talented and creative people in technology & education industries.
- We care for people all around the world so they can better use a product they really need.
- We contribute to a work environment where you have the opportunity to grow and develop.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Coordinate and manage all trade show and expo hall events and logistics….
- …prior to the show, including attendee coordination, travel arrangements, develop a system to track expected cost of each event, line-up load in/load out assistance according to each event's procedures for booth set up, convention center rentals (WIFI, carpet, lead scanner tools, electricity, etc.), and ordering giveaways/marketing flyers.
- …during a show, including attending and participating in a subset of events (may require some travel and availability on weekends and evenings), ensuring proper function of booth technology, coordinating booth worker breaks, lining up breakfast/lunch arrangements, engaging booth visitors and representing bulb Digital Portfolios along with the Sales reps.
- …after a show, including re-stocking the booth crates, communicating to leads, updating expected costs spreadsheet with actual costs, and more.
- Assist with other, non-event marketing responsibilities as needed
- Sales Enablement such as Marketing collateral updates and ordering/re-stocking.
- Market Intelligence such as competitor intelligence.
- Media Opportunities such as proofing magazine articles and sending marketing assets to media.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Active Driver's License
- Ability to perform physical tasks.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Strong attention to detail and service oriented; team members will be depending on you to take care of the details so they can focus on making an impact while at these events
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Curiosity and persistence: you're not afraid to ask questions until you get an answer that makes sense
- Ability to collaboratively work as part of a team