About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and was named to the World’s Best 100 cloud companies by Forbes. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, Allina Health, John Muir Health, Kaiser Permanente, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Providence Health & Services, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
The Analytics Engineer (AE) role combines deep, analytics skills and a sound understanding of the processes and data that support the business of healthcare to inform a fundamental transformation of healthcare delivery as we know it today. The AE will work collaboratively to implement efficient analysis of key strategic, regulatory and organizational performance data. Responsible for multiple projects within clinical operations and ultimately accountable for the information systems and projects that overlap between several clinical areas and/or more complex clinical programs. The primary accountability of the AE is to ensure there is always a queue of measurable opportunities for our clients to act upon that will drive down cost, improve quality, and improve patient experience.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Training up client resources to own analytics work in the future
- Helping assess/determine what applications from the HC library would be valuable to deploy at the client site
- Providing analytic continuity at the client through all phases of deployment.
- Implementing and promoting Catalyst methodologies, while acting in the long-term best interest of the client.
- Managing client expectations and timelines for analytic deliverables.
- Navigating difficult client conversations with professionalism.
- Supporting the Analytic Director (AD) in key areas, including deployment, communication on the status of progress to client leadership, knowledge transfer and training on HC platform and technologies.
- Presenting analytic insights to clinical/operational/financial leadership at the client.
- Interfacing with a variety of Health Catalyst (HC) roles (such as senior directors, product line managers, clinical staff, etc.) on an as-needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage HC software and technologies to lead and perform varied analyses to support client outcomes improvement initiatives across clinical, operational and financial domains.
- Design data models and visualizations that meet project requirements and comply with HC design standards and principles.
- Manage technical client projects by providing technical oversight; ensure assigned projects are executed efficiently and according to project requirements and timelines.
- Lead data validation tests to ensure quality of measurement.
- Work with client data architects to train and mentor on HC tools and methodologies
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong experience delivering analytics to technical, non-technical and leadership teams that influence and support business strategy
- Strong experience developing visualizations that consume data models for non-technical users
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to Interact with and communicate with all levels of employees and clients
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction
- Health care experience, particularly working with data
- Expert level in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Statistical modeling experience
- Visualization experience using a variety of BI tools (Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal Reports)
- Strong experience with development methodologies including AGILE development
- Strong experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes and principles. Familiarity with multiple ETL applications is a bonus.
- Deep experience designing, implementing and loading custom data models that reflect real-world problems
- Strong working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in information technology, math, statistics or business-related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree (MSIS preferred) or 2+ years’ experience in technology or technology related field