Be part of the consumer robotics revolution.
Neato Robotics designs robots for the home to improve people’s lives, allowing them to spend less time doing household chores and more time on the things they love. Neato drives innovation with intelligent laser navigation, mapping, smart home connectivity, and superior cleaning technologies.
Recognized for its leadership, culture and dedication to its employees by being named the Bay Area News Group’s 2017 list of the “Top 100 Workplaces” in the San Francisco area, Neato emphasizes freedom, has a close-knit community culture, and boasts an established track record of success. Neatonians are committed to innovation and have the opportunity to profoundly impact the company as part of our growing team.
As a core part of the company strategy, we hire world class talent. Join Neato in building the future of home robotics.
As part of our Robotics Algorithms Development team, you will be responsible for developing Neato’s next generation of intelligent connected robots, defining software architecture, investigating new technologies, maintaining our existing software codebase, troubleshooting robotic software bugs as they are identified, as well as implementing performance and feature enhancements for our current product line. You will work closely with our Embedded and Systems Software team, as well as our Cloud Infrastructure team to deliver full stack robotics solutions for the consumer market. With over 1 million robots sold, Neato robots represent one of the largest deployed fleets of autonomously navigating robots world-wide.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field with a focus on modern probabilistic robotics.
- At least 4 years experience developing robotics systems and software in C/C++ in a POSIX environment
- At least 2 years experience developing software solutions in two or more of the following areas: SLAM, Localization, Mapping, Bayesian/Kalman Filters, Path Planning algorithms (A*, Dijkstra, RRT, graph-search, etc.), Sensor Fusion (LiDAR, IMU, Visual, Odometry), Holonomic and NonHolonomic Motion Planning in configuration space, computer vision (OpenCV).
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
Background or experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks (Tensor Flow, Caffe, etc)
- GPU-acceleration frameworks (CUDA, OpenCL)
- Linux programming
- RTOS experience (e.g. RTAI, RTLinux, QNX, FreeRTOS, eCOS)
- Network programming
- Python programming
- ROS programming
- Git Workflow
- Continuous Integration and testing frameworks (Jenkins, Travis, Gtest, Catch)
Benefits and Perks:
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley