Senior Back-End Software Engineer
Location: Seattle, WADepartment: Engineering
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
Shiftboard is looking for several senior developers to join our team. We love creating and extending back-end systems that support our Software as a Service platform for shift-based workforce scheduling and management, as well as extending our API and building integrations to other systems that extend our capabilities, ranging from IVR platforms to payroll systems to custom volunteer management systems.
You will be part of a growing team working on enhancing our product by adding new features that will drive our continued growth. You will be providing APIs that will be used by our front-end and mobile developers as well as directly by our customers and integration partners. You will be recommending and implementing the technology to achieve our product goals.
We are a multi-language shop that strives to use the right tools for the job at hand. We are currently using Perl, Python, and Ruby. As we continue our transition to a service-oriented architecture we are considering the deployment of Go, node.js, Rust, and others to ensure we are using the right tools and best practices available. We are not looking for a jack-of-all-trades to work in every language under the sun, but we're also not looking to consolidate on a single stack and become a ______ shop.
If you're looking to create scalable, reliable platforms while leveraging your skills and learning new technologies, this is the position for you.
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Mastery of two or more server-side languages
- Passion for evaluating new tech & determining potential benefits and applications
- Proficient in SQL as well as NoSQL alternatives
- Desire to be part of a team and work with other smart engineers
- Independent, self-motivated, and an avid technologist
- We could never give back as much as we've received from the open source community, but we try.
- We practice iterative development.
- We hire smart people and empower them to make a difference.
- We occasionally make mistakes but we learn from them rather than being paralyzed by them.
- We believe in hammers for nails and screwdrivers for screws. Find the right tool and use it.
- We learn. Then we cement that knowledge by teaching what we've learned to others.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Ownership Opportunity: Employee Stock Option Program
- Healthcare: Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Commuter Perks: Puget Sound Transit Pass (Orca)
- Fast-paced, rapid career growth opportunity
Shiftboard is a leading SaaS provider of on-demand dynamic workforce management software that includes integrated scheduling, reporting and communications tools. Shiftboard is the solution of choice for organizations large and small that have flexible workforces, work-time requirements, and real-time communication needs. Shiftboard is used by workforce operations ranging from 5 to 50,000 people including those serving healthcare, technology, business, facilities services, logistics and manufacturing, security staffing, contact center, non-profit/volunteer, municipal and education, and large events management.
Shiftboard is defined by an insistence on providing an exceptional user experience and customer service results. All of our team members are charged with bringing creativity, logic, and intellectual rigor to their responsibilities in a never-ending quest to serve our customers. We have high expectations of each other and work as a team to deliver a quality product. That mindset, along with our execution, has allowed Shiftboard to create a revolutionary product and grow into the successful, growing business it is today.