On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct initial and routine psychosocial assessments on new and existing participants, develop and implement individualized care plans and interventions. Identify risks and other psychosocial problems. Provide individual counseling, partners with caregivers and support system to develop care plan and deliver services and make appropriate and timely referrals. Adhere to all ethical and legal standards of social work practices.
- Provide case management to a panel of participants. Identify service needs of each participant, advocate, refer, coordinate and follow up in a timely fashion. Run participant and/or caregiver groups and participate in special event such as weekend caregiver workshops. Facilitate family conferences. Besides working with the various disciplines within On Lok, the social worker also reaches out to the larger community to meet participants' specific needs. Act as the main liaison between participants, caregivers, the team as well as the community.
- Represent the team and collaborate with other departments to enroll new participants. Assess needs and complete discharge planning when a participant dis-enrolls from On Lok. Work closely with the Health Plan and other community agencies to ensure smooth transition.
- Fulfill all documentation requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Actively participate in team meetings, advocate for the needs of participants and their caregivers, compromise differences among team members, support and carry out team plans.
- All other reasonably related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Graduate of an accredited college with a MSW degree
- Minimum one-year post MSW experience required
- Minimum one-year experience with the frail or elderly; geriatric field preferred
- Experience with electronic health record system preferred
- Ability to work within the framework of a multidisciplinary team
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks and conduct thorough follow up.
- Bilingual ability may be required for specific assignments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance