At Comcast Innovation Labs, we use advanced technologies to leverage our vast content, cutting edge platforms and high speed data networks in ways that dramatically improve the experience of our customers, partners and employees.We tackle complex problems in data science, probabilities, applied statistics. machine learning, computer vision, deep learning, data engineering, large-scale distributed & mobile systems to name a few.
You will experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of one of the world's leading media and internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Sunnyvale, California
To succeed in this role you should be part Research Scientist, Futurist, Maker, and Entrepreneur. You should have a passion for technology and a desire to help shape the future
As the Principal Data Scientist / ML Engineer in Comcast Labs you will:
- Design and develop, and analyze data, systems, methods, tools and technologies
- Apply machine learning, deep learning, and NLP methods to massive data sets and complex systems.
- Be a respected SME acting as an internal technology consultant to the Senior leadership of Comcast.
- Design, implement and deploy full-stack solutions for millions of Comcast customers.
- Investigate and solve exciting and difficult challenges in data science, machine learning, classification, content analysis, and deep learning.
- Research and develop innovative, scalable and dynamic solutions to hard problems.
- Review analyze and report on technologies, methods, research, and trends
- Be a valued contributor in shaping the future of our products and services.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others to address challenges head-on.
- Help to drive thought, strategy and process across out Technology, Products and Experiences.
- Bring your experience designing, developing and implementing data pipelines, systems, and solutions at scale.
- Care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, responsible experimentation, deep technical/scientific research.
You are going to love this job because you will:
- Be immersed in a team of innovative and high caliber computer scientists, engineers and machine intelligence experts in a collegial and fun environment.
- Work on solving unique and hard problems with data science, machine learning and Artificial Intelligence that are of value in the real world.
- Create world-class products, solutions and cutting-edge concepts.
- Build on Comcast's tools, platforms, and vast technical resources.
- Work in a highly visible, dynamic team that provides continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
- Have access to a wide range of data, exciting projects, and technologies
- Join a company with a strong commitment to our teams maintaining a healthy work-life balance and providing a top-tier benefits program
- Research, analyses, architect and develop emerging concepts related to AI/ML and HMI
- Engage and partner with top-tier universities, companies, research labs and start-ups across the technology landscape to explore new concepts and theories
- Develop research paper, following technology trends and report key finding/insights to the company
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's Degree or a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, with a focus on data science/machine learning, is highly desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in data science or machine learning
- 3+ years' experience in data engineering, analytics and /or business intelligence
- 3+ years on-the-job experience with traditional machine learning and deep learning technologies.
- Highly proficient in Python, R or Scala, preferably Python.
- Highly proficient in one or more deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe or Torch, preferably TensorFlow.
- Strong background in Mathematics (linear algebra and calculus), Statistics and Computational Thinking.
- Expertise in database development, architectures and a solid understanding of both relational (SQL) and NoSQL database technologies.
- Skilled at working with various ETL technologies and familiar with ETL tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Apache Spark and Spark streaming
- Skilled at interacting with one or more cloud-based platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Skilled at working with stream & batch data, extremely large data sets
- Skilled at collecting and labeling diverse data for training and validation of machine learning algorithms
- Experience developing and presenting technical concepts and techniques to executives
- Ability and desire to learn new tech stacks, languages, methods etc.
- Highly fluent reading writing and presentation skills in English
- Track record of successful projects in data engineering, and machine learning product
- Published research in the area of machine learning and artificial intelligence with the equally strong ability to understand, develop and prototype state of the art research.
- Experience with advanced data analytics and visualization techniques.
- Experience with advanced machine learning techniques, complex data pipelines, ingest and configurations systems.
- Experience developing for and leveraging distributed computing or GPU systems/frameworks
- Experience developing/implementing predictive solutions and anomaly detection in large-scale systems.
- Experience in complex networks, big data, mobile, media and /or wireless environments
- Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer