Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes financial reporting, balance sheet management, inventory and costing management, inter-company accounting, account reconciliation,.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Provides accounting guidance and support to all entities.
- Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities.
- Acquire proficiency in all functional lines of the closing process (i.e. Revenue, Cost of Goods Sold, Inter company, fixed assets etc.)
- Create, modify and/or execute various reports and queries in the GL and ERP systems which result in improvements to standardization, efficiencies and productivity.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
* Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* General office environment with intensive computer work and extended use of the computer keyboard and mouse.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5-10 years' accounting or finance experience
- CPA Preferred
- Strong Knowledge of GAAP accounting practices and financial systems
- Ability to coordinate multiple deadlines and respond quickly to requests
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude willing to take initiative to implement changes for improvements
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer