For over 30 years, Zetron has been designing, developing, manufacturing and implementing mission-critical communications solutions for public safety, transportation, utilities, manufacturing, healthcare and business applications throughout the world.
General Purpose of the Position:
Serve as engineering intern to work on different projects to help further knowledge and assist team members in the engineering department
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Learn practical and professional engineering skills by working with a team that is utilizing agile development methods
• Assist with the design/code/testing of current features
• Collaborate with software teams to implement the development of new features
• Perform necessary work to resolve issues within existing products and portions of new designs
• Assist in the development of interface prototypes and concept screens
• Work with Customer Support and Test to identify additional features needed or debugged
• Required to perform the job functions in a safe manner
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
• Other duties as assigned by the Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong written and verbal communications
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
• Self-motivated and highly ambitious
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skills with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize, plan work to accomplish goals, and schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
• Strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
Education & Experience Required
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be enrolled in the current program through an accredited University working towards Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the STEM-related area
• Or any combination of education and experience that provides same expertise