We Are Symplicity
We’re committed to empowering our clients with innovative, easy-to-use solutions that enable them to streamline processes, improve outcomes, and cultivate positive relationships with their students, customers, and communities.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for managing the day-to-day functions of the finance and accounting department including financial reporting, accounts payable/receivable and cash flow management. This is an exciting opportunity to get broad exposure to the accounting function of a growing, international software company.
- Manage the day-to-day finances of Symplicity including accounts payable/ receivable, cash management and cash flow.
- Prepare reports for various stakeholders in order to make informed economic decisions
- Assist in the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits, annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Maintain departmental budgets.
- Manage the processing of payroll of expenses.
- Maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to CEO, CFO, COO and Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work and thoughtful dialog.
- Help develop accounting policies and approach for capitalizing R&D, recognizing deferred compensation expense, setting up appropriate transfer pricing mechanics.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Two years of experience in public accounting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- CPA preferred
- Familiar with Netsuite preferred
- Power excel user
- Organized, meticulous attention to detail
- Team player with an ownership mentality who exhibits intellectual curiosity
Symplicity is proud to be an equal and diverse Employer. EEO/AAP/M/F/Disabled/Veteran.