The Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel and Loews Chicago is seeking Technical Service Manager to join our team.
Opened, 2015, Loews Chicago Hotel features 400 guestrooms, including 25 suites, more than 25,000 square feet of innovative meeting space, multiple outdoor terraces for guest and function uses, spa/fitness center and an outdoor rooftop including a pool overlooking the city. Boasting city and lake views from the guest rooms, the property is located just one block north of the Chicago River and two blocks east of North Michigan Avenue, in the heart of Chicago. The hotel is part of a highly visible 52-story tower comprised of the Loews Chicago Hotel and 390 luxury residential apartments.
Technical Service Manager is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all computer-related technology and to provide support and direction to all positions within the Hotels. This position is a multi-property responsibility with a shared arrangement between Loews Chicago O'Hare and Loews Chicago. It is responsible for the coordination of all departmental operations so as to ensure effective interface with all other departments.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee planning, implementation of all technology-related processes and systems.
- Maintain all technology-related systems, to include management of all software and hardware.
- Produce all strategic and tactical I.T. related business plans. Design I.T. system architecture.
- Analyzes all software and hardware problems to detect and correct deficiencies, malfunctions, and irregularities within the scope of authority. Refer problems outside the scope of authority to the prescribed source.
- Implement procedures designed to ensure that data back-up and emergency recovery operations are in place to protect the database from loss or damage in the event of a system failure or an emergency situation.
- Select/implement new system related materials so as to ensure proper integration and interoperability.
- Develop and oversee I.T. department capital and operating budgets. 1%
- Maintain relationships and manage contracts with vendors, consultants and service providers. 2%
- Measure and report the status of I.T. departmental operations/progress to executive management. 5%
- Review/compare all technology related operations/equipment to ensure efficiency, productivity, and usefulness.
- Keep current on changes, updates and enhancements. Evaluate and define hotel and user requirements.
- Coordinate the installation of all software/hardware upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with all Loews Corporate and legal requirements relating to software licensing agreements
- Assist with prioritizing user department workflow, recommending procedural changes where indicated.
- Direct I.T. department operations so as to ensure focus on future business needs and profitability.
- Develop and implement training programs to increase user knowledge of systems, use of systems and to ensure a high degree of computer proficiency among end users.
- Manage and administer all Loews Hotel policies as they relate to the I.T. department.
- Agility in multitasking
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of all problems and/or unusual matters of significance.
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions.
- Promotes and applies teamwork skill at all times.
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management and fellow employees.
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel standard, policies and rules.
- Recycles whenever possible.
- Remains current with hotel information and changes.
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards.
- Ability to make decisions on imperfect information
- Agility in multi-tasking
- Bias toward action
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Detailed knowledge of software and hardware operating systems to include: Windows OS, PBX systems, and other OS’. Management and operation of PMS, F&B POS, PBX voice mail/Call Accounting, Human Resource information, Payroll, Accounting, Purchasing and Inventory control, Sales/Catering(Delphi), MS Office administration, Network Operating Systems, and the HotSOS system. Knowledge of network architecture and system design.
- Effective management and communication skills.
- Able to make decisions on imperfect information
- Agility in multi-tasking
- Bias toward action
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in Information Technology, within large-scale hotel preferred.