Loews Hotels is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join the team in San Francisco.
Loews Regency San Francisco Hotel is a Trip Advisor Five Star, Forbes Four Star, and AAA Four Diamond property and is considered among the top hotels in San Francisco along with Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons and the St. Regis. This property is positioned on the top 11 floors of a 48-story tower that offers some of the most breathtaking views of the city - many of our 148 elegant guestrooms and seven spacious suites.
It is the mission and intent of this position to support the department objective in areas of employee relations, and benefits administration. Champion the efforts of team members and foster positive team member relationships.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, managing the support staff, support the Director of Human Resource with recruitment duties which may include reviewing resumes, screening applicants, and maintaining the applicant tracking system, supporting hotel benefit programs and employee relations programs.
The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and supervises the Human Recourses support staff.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Support the benefit and compensation programs such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Worker’s Compensation, Cobra, Disability, 401(k) and all other benefits.
- Support the payroll administration in conjunction with the Finance Department as well as the guidelines set by Loews Hotels and Resorts.
- Assist with Labor Relation matters in accordance with Loews Hotels and local standards.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to improve organizational structure, programs and activities that support and ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Support the Director of Human Resources in implementing quality recruitment and selection programs that attract quality, enthusiastic, and well-qualified team members who will provide exceptional guest/colleague service.
- Role model all socialization programs which promote a climate of enthusiasm.
- Ensure that the working environment for all team members complies with Federal and State standards and obligations.
- Assist in the administration of the employee Survey-always striving for being the best
- Support the efforts of the HR Department in achieving short and long-term goals.
- Maintain current methods of operation for the HR department and introduce new best practices that are reflective of the brand
- Establish a monthly calendar for colleague training and recognition programs that you will be responsible for facilitating and organizing
- Introduce HR business plans that are cost-effective and innovative.
- Maintain the daily administrative HR operation of the department
- Create and maintain a systematic method for retaining documents and statistics
- Support the recruitment efforts of the Director of Human Resources in attracting and retaining enthusiastic motivated team members through creative and efficient recruitment methods
Required Skills & Experience:
A minimum of 2 years in Human Resources.
Must possess excellent knowledge of all departments internally.
Must possess the ability to coordinate with multiple tasks.
Must possess the ability to develop subordinates.
Computer literacy to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
Excellent communication skills both written/verbal in the English language.
Ability to communicate in Cantonese is required
Competent problem-solving skills
Requires high levels of interaction with all members of staff.Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate programs and arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, and solutions.
Possess a high degree of stamina, agility, and flexibility.
Able to present themselves with an uplifting personality as well as presenting a high degree of confidentiality.
Prior experience in a luxury environment
Operational experience beneficial
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.