Broadcom is building the next generation SAN Management and Analytics platform for Provisioning, controlling and monitoring SAN Storage Networks.
This position is for a Staff Software Engineer who excels at writing excellent code in a fast paced environment working with a motivated team in an Agile environment. You will be working on latest and greatest technologies in the field of Network Management and Analytics for Storage Networking; designing server code that is robust, efficient and performs well. You will largely focus on the backend however some familiarity with front-end development is desired. The position requires constant interaction and coordination with offshore teams.
The requirements for the position call for an individual who is a seasoned Software Engineer with a minimum of at least 15 years of experience in Software Development using the latest and greatest technologies. You must be fluent in latest Java including all of the language features.
The position also requires strong Database skills and familiarity with SQL and RDBMS, NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra.
You are used to working in an agile environment with Continuous Integration with modern tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Jira or equivalent. You also are familiar with traditional systems such as ClearCase or similar.
You must be a team player, a dedicated engineer showing initiative and a great enthusiasm with a passion for quality code and successful delivery and on time delivery.
As a Staff Engineer, you are expected to lead technically a small team and provide technical guidance and design decisions on the Software. You must be very conscious of Scale requirements and well as Performance requirements and provide an incredible response time to the Client code which will call the Server interfaces through various interfaces including REST and Web Sockets.
Skills Required (must have)
- Expert Java developer (High Performance, Concurrency, NIO, DirectBuffers, JVM tuning, JProfiler)
- Proficient in dealing with Software Architecture and Design for Distributed Systems
- Expertise in AMQ and messaging systems for Inter-Process communication
- Fluent in Agile methodology
- Expert at developing Analysis Documents and Functional Specification
- Modern Object Oriented and Design paradigms, Design Patterns
- Design skills and the ability to write clear software design documents.
- Solid understanding of high performance, scalable and distributed systems.
- Strong RDBMS and SQL knowledge, NoSQL Databases, in Memory Database and caching paradigms
- Code complex module and components
- Code Reviews
- Unit tests
- Scale deployment and testing
- Web Development including REST API specification and implementation
- Loves to write code, fast learner of new technologies, agile attitude, not afraid of taking educated risks into new domains.
Desired Skill (nice to have)
- SAN, FC and Storage Networking knowledge a plus
- Cloud Expertise is a plus
- Docker Swarm
- Apache Ignite
- Cassandra, Postgres or equivalent
- Networking (Sockets / HTTP, etc.)
- Developing and managing Network Management software
- Understanding of Micro Service architecture.
- Familiarity with UI Skills for Front End web UI development
- Experience in Web UI frameworks and libraries such as React, Angular JS, d3.js, etc.
Broadcom Limited is a diversified global semiconductor leader built on 50 years of innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.