JEVS Human Services is currently seeking a talented Technical Services Manager. The Technical Services Manager is responsible for providing infrastructure vision and problem solving on an enterprise level. As the Tehcnical Services Manager you will interface across several channels, must remain continuously aware of issues, and must act as a consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions.
In this role you will direct all local operational support teams providing production and application support for all IT systems. You must oversee performance, availability, reliability and security of all production systems and networks.
- Define technical standards and procedures
- Perform situation analysis and recommendation for problem-solving
- Conceive solutions, build consensus, and sell/execute solutions
- Recommend appropriate courses of action to developers/technicians and management on technical and infrastructure issues; maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness
- Oversee all projects within the infrastructure domain
- Proactively research and locate the necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop; analyze/predict trends and develop a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintain high service levels for the user community
- Ensure a stable performance environment enterprise-wide:
- monitor and analyze problems that occur, ensuring that problems are identified and solved as rapidly and efficiently as possible
- oversee the provision of critical and essential infrastructure services to locations enterprise-wide
- Continuously strive to improve client support
- Develop procedures for problem management, disaster recovery, and system and network changes
- Provide leadership to production systems and support personnel; Build, develop, staff, and oversee operations teams
- Define and produce operational metrics on systems, database, and network performance
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; Master’s degree or MBA is highly desirable; equivalent experience acceptable
- 6+ years of related experience required
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in programming or analytical work
- 5+ years of experience in project management of major development projects
- Previous experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to affect business change; business systems analysis experience
- 5+ years of management experience required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to plan infrastructure requirements three to five years in advance and aid others in accomplishing annual goals
- Ability to identify group conflict and facilitate resolution
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of networks, network topologies, PC workstations (configuration and connectivity), network file servers, applicable software, and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to solve network server problems or network infrastructure issues and to manage the performance and capacity of a LAN and WAN environments
- Good judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up and organizational skills
- A broad range of LAN, WAN, and telecommunication knowledge/skills is desired, including from among the following:
- OS/applications: Windows 2003/2008/2012
- Desktop: Windows XP/10 Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- GroupWise, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Explorer, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, C++, Symantec
- Client/server: SQL, Internet, intranet, Sharepoint etc..
- Network: Frame relay, routers, hubs, bridges, Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, gateways, LAN/WAN sniffers
- WAN/LAN management suites: CiscoWorks, Optivity
- Proven track record of managing diverse technical staff while maintaining a high level of user trust and confidence.