JEVS Human Services is looking for an intern to join our Human Resources team. JEVS Human Services is a large non-profit organization; our programs are designed to help individuals have a better quality of life. We serve those with disabilities and people facing tough socio-economic conditions. We believe everyone deserves hope.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete new hire paperwork for new employees.
- Conduct follow up with candidates to obtain necessary documents.
- Perform criminal history background checks and drug tests.
- Track dates of hire and maintain new hire credentialing information. Provide reports as needed.
- Compiles New Hire packets.
- Open and sort mail; assist in processing/coding invoices.
- Assist with scheduling interviews.
- Assist with reference checks and employment verifications.
- Prepares and submits authorizations for Worker’s Compensation evaluations.
Skills & Requirements
High school education or equivalent plus three years relevant work experience.
Must be capable of working with confidential and sensitive information.
Good computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and various software.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Well organized, able to problem solve and able to prioritize.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. JEVS will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. JEVS complies with the Fair Criminal Records Screening Standards Ordinance to ensure that we make hiring and other employment decisions based on work qualifications.