POSITION: Client Relations Director
REPORTS TO: Client Relationship Management Lead
Responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and supporting account team, the Client Relations Director supervises 1-4 clients each with multiple projects and team members, recommends integrated programs and activities that align to clients’ goals, effectively delegates projects, mentors team members and partners with Resource & Project Management to allocate agency resources to match client budgets.
A successful Client Relations Director will be engaged with business development, strategic program planning and the development of creative concepts working with team members in all departments.
- Manage and guide all aspects of projects from inception through execution, cultivate internal as well as external (client and other partner agency) relationships, and ultimately ensure that we drive our clients' business goals through all that our agency team does.
- Act as the main client liaison, responsible for overseeing communication on all projects.
- Understand clients' needs, business structure and industry landscape to bring credible and consultative solutions forward - a strategic advisor and partner for internal team and client.
- Provide client guidance, direction and expectations to Brand Engagement lead (executive overseeing the departments) and the department team members assigned to the client.
- Serve as strategic advisor and partner for your team and clients, and confidently run meetings and present ideas.
- Remain responsible for overall quality of all projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Negotiate proposals and budgets with client, making necessary modifications and arranging contract signing, including the writing of scopes of work.
- Model strong presentation skills that encourage participation and effect desired outcomes for meetings.
- Ability to oversee a high volume of projects at the same time, maximizing the integration and alignment of all activities for both internal team and client, and understanding how and when to prioritize, delegate, and "manage up" to Client Relationship Management Lead, department heads, and the agency's executive management.
- Desire and ability to mentor Client Relations Managers and more junior members of the Client Relationship Management department.
- Client management experience, including everything from defining meeting agendas and aligning project schedules to leading client-facing calls and presentations and pushing our POV where needed.
- Internal team management experience, including partnering with staff in Resource & Project Management, Brand Engagement, and the departments (Research & Planning, Digital, Creative, PR, Issues/Crisis, and Content) to strengthen and evolve our work into deliverables that reflect smart, strategic thinking and exceed client expectations.
- Ability to sell work based on such a strong understanding of the client's business and how the work ladders back to key objectives that you will be able to identify opportunities and help sell and defend the ideas we bring to the table.
- Oversee and lead agency pitch teams, serving as counsel for further development of pitch strategies and approaches.
- Billable target of 80%.
- Experience distilling client meeting into notes and defining action items.
- Ability to add structure and process when project plan is unclear/undefined.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate.
- Ability to multitask several different projects at once.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, positive outlook and good interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytic, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to establish, manage, and maintain strong relationships, both with clients and inhouse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to balance a spirit of collaboration with effective leadership.
- Comfortable with conflict resolution and creative problem solving.
Be better. Own it. Have fun. Be authentic. Be more than more of the same. Act with respect and transparency.
Job Type: Full-time
- working with healthcare clients: 3 years (Preferred)
- account management in an agency setting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Nashville, TN (Preferred)
We know the business of healthcare inside and out.
Our offerings deliver best-in-class strategies and execution using our highly customizable and scalable full-service frameworks.