Mobile Software Engineer, iOS
AppNexus offers one of the most competitive client-facing mobile product offerings in the mobile advertising industry. The mobile products we have built & will build with you are a vital part of the monetization strategy for major mobile apps. Our team is devoted to building intuitive and robust mobile app advertising solutions that help our clients to monetize their own apps to their full potential. If you are looking for meaningful career growth and to make a positive impact on the Internet & the mobile app industry, AppNexus is the place for you.
Consider some of the problems you will try to solve:
- Design to Scale: Our ads are seen by most of the Internet, so we build well-designed, stable, and optimized products that adhere to the standard of the AppNexus platform as a whole while powering our clients’ mobile initiatives at scale.
- Broad Understanding and Impact: By working on our team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the AppNexus’ platform from both a technical and a business perspective in order to build innovative products that fulfill the company’s vision.
- High Visibility: We are building the best mobile products on the market to unify all advertising demand and monetize publisher’s inventory to the fullest extent. We are competing with leading software companies worldwide while working with them to establish industry standards since we deeply believe in the power of openness & empowerment.
About the job:
- Develop highly optimized & stable mobile products that work with large-scale platform infrastructure, for both iOS and Android ecosystems.
- Design, implement, test, and deploy new features for our products while maintaining the stability of our products through automated testing and minimizing long-term cost for maintenance and support
- Work in a large cross-functional engineering team to implement end-to-end solutions by participating in the team & cross-functional discussions
- Collaborate with Product Managers with diverse technology backgrounds
- Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments. Many of our mobile products are open source and your code will be accessible through GitHub
- Ability to assimilate good design & architecture patterns and use them while writing code
About your skills and experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2+ years of experience OR MS degree and 1+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- 2+ years of professional experience in full life-cycle native application development for the iOS platform with Objective-C is a must
- Understanding of and interest in developing Android applications
- Experience with mobile application integration with web-based services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-organizing and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and make use of your time effectively
- Willingness to learn new technologies, take on new responsibilities and adapt between different platforms
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools