As a community partner, Magellan invests in programs and partners with charitable organizations that align with our values and enhance the quality of life and economic well-being in the communities in which we operate and where our employees work and live.
As one example, Magellan employees organize an annual campaign across the company to support the United Way. With employee pledges, matching funds and special event fundraising, Magellan and its employees have contributed more than $2.4 million to our local United Ways since 2004.
Additionally, our employees volunteer in our communities, reaching out to promote local initiatives and projects that enhance the quality of life for everyone.
The role will be a key contributor to a dynamic, highly motivated team. Primary responsibilities are focused on providing development and support of business critical systems for a successful, growth-oriented, technology leader in the energy industry. Candidate should be a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Additional responsibilities will include computer systems support and development services for various applications within the environment.
Knowledge, skill, and ability to:
- Support and enhance business-critical custom-developed and vendor-provided applications and associated interfaces.
- Effectively engage with business partners to gather, evaluate and document specific and thorough functional requirements, translate functional requirements into an efficient technical design, and develop efficient, well-performing code according to technical design.
- Effectively plan and manage medium to large-sized IT projects.
- Plan and manage work on a daily basis, meet defined project goals, and complete assignments by scheduled dates, complying with documented change management procedures.
Technical Skills Required:
- Software development experience
- .NET development experience
- ASP.NET MVC and/or Web API experience
Technical Skills Considered a Plus:
- Database and/or SQL experience
- JAVA development experience
- Project management experience
- Shell scripting
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS or related field.
This position will be filled at a level commensurate with the candidate's education and experience.
Additional requirements: The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external customers; the ability to successfully accomplish time-critical assignments and projects; the ability to adapt and respond in rapidly changing circumstances; the ability to use a personal computer with the Windows® operating system to complete time sheets, send and receive email, and access information posted on the Company’s intranet; availability as needed to work on both a scheduled and call-out basis; and the ability to work at the assigned job site. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
Magellan Midstream Holdings GP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.