QVC’s Diversity & Inclusion department was established to lead the organization on its D&I journey where diversity and inclusion are recognized as cornerstones of our culture, essential for our continued competitiveness and growth. QVC’s Diversity & Inclusion intern will take part in developing, planning and executing a wide variety of strategic initiatives aimed at accelerating D&I progress in the pillars of workforce, workplace and marketplace. Additionally, this position will be responsible for carrying out the logistical and administrative duties needed to support the launch of various programs and initiatives.
Job Description Details
Under the supervision of Senior Manager of Global Diversity & Inclusion, assist with managing the development, design, planning, and execution of QVC’s diversity and inclusion initiatives, events and special projects. In addition, the intern will assist with research, logistical planning/administration, documenting processes, budget and invoice reconciliation.
QVC’s Diversity & Inclusion department was established to lead the organization on its D&I journey where diversity and inclusion are recognized as cornerstones of our culture, essential for our continued competitiveness and growth. QVC’s Diversity & Inclusion intern will take part in developing, planning and executing a wide variety of strategic initiatives aimed at accelerating D&I progress in the pillars of the workforce, workplace, and marketplace. Additionally, this position will be responsible for carrying out the logistical and administrative duties needed to support the launch of various programs and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide thought-provoking and impactful program/event ideas
- Support the launch and management of the global D&I council
- Partner with communications leads to develop an internal/external D&I communication plan
- Collaborate with corporate and HR social media teams to develop campaign ideas that highlight and incorporate D&I messaging
- Partner with talent acquisition to develop a diversity attraction strategy and partnerships with external organizations
- Identify and establish partnerships with local and national external industry-related diversity groups
- Coordinate events and visits to QVC of various diversity groups and their members
- Research and present for consideration cutting edge D&I topics, events, strategies, and approaches
- Partner with learning and development lead to create D&I learning the map
- Attend and capture notes from bi-weekly/monthly D&I council calls and coordinate event logistics with US Sites and Global Markets
- Establish a global diversity calendar listing the major holidays, observances and events around the world
- Organize the exploratory phase of a supplier diversity program
- Identify opportunities for increased local involvement and visibility
- Assist with the development of a diversity and inclusion data scorecard
- Assist with the planning and launch of QVC’s first Team Member Resource Group
- Organize materials for quarterly D&I readouts to senior management
- Develop and document D&I guidelines for groups, events, and programs
- Develop and analyze results of D&I surveys related to programs, events and overall satisfaction with D&I program
- Assist D&I manager with budget tracking
- Education: Currently enrolled in a Master's Degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- A mature sensitivity to working with people of diverse identities and backgrounds
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Keen resourcefulness and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of company leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a stellar working knowledge of correct grammar usage
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Exercise high-level thinking, excellent judgment and problem-solving in the execution of responsibilities
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
Global Diversity & Inclusion Intern - Summer
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB), is the world’s leading video and e-commerce retailer. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 300 million homes worldwide through operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy and a joint venture in China. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has evolved from a TV shopping company to a leading e-commerce and mobile commerce retailer. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites.
QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, QVC is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process