The Manager of Reporting and Analytics will join the dynamic and growing Health Informatics Team where they will be responsible for the reporting needs of the entire organization and will oversee the Reporting Team with a staff of 3. Additional responsibilities include the design and development of datasets and reports that identify areas of opportunity, measure outcomes and evaluate performance. Responsible for the delivery of practice management and clinical quality reports, and actionable dashboards for the organization, leveraging the electronic health record reporting tools and platform. Provides resource and supervises the work of the Report Developer and Health Informatics Support Specialist to develop, coordinate and manage a schedule of reporting requirements. Provides technical support for staff by successfully identifying problems, considering all variables, and develops feasible solutions on a timely basis. Works as part of a cross-functional team with lead responsibility for managing the support, maintenance, and effective use of COGNOS, EBO; the electronic health record reporting platform software. Provides leadership to create or support high staff morale and productivity.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in the field or a related area.
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries against relational databases (MySQL desirable)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with experience managing and, manipulating data.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Experience using Cognos or other Business Intelligence products and the ability to develop and validate reports and create dashboards using COGNOS or other database software.
- Familiar with a variety of the healthcare field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Leadership and teaching skills
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboard work, writing
- Ability to work in multiple, non-traditional settings required.
- Physical mobility and ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
Work Schedule Demands:
40 hour week; hours may exceed scheduled hours at times. Woonsocket office is the primary location; with travel to the other sites when needed. Must be able to adjust when there is a shift in priorities and work well under pressure. Must be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must possess good communication skills: oral and written. Must demonstrate effective management skills related to people, tasks, and timelines. Oral skills include the ability to motivate and manage staff performance and to explain complex reporting in easily understood terms. Written communication skills include but not limited to staff evaluations, report writing, information display, data entry, and reporting general correspondence, memos, interoffice communication.
Strong customer focus for internal customers (staff, managers, senior leaders). Must be respectful and patient in communicating complex data sets and outcome reports to diverse audiences.
Confidentiality of Information:
Confidentiality and adherence to HIPPA requirements must be maintained with patient information and quality information at all times. Frequent access to computer information system and patient information.
Significant Job Functions:
Work with the Health Informatics Team to coordinate, schedule and manage reporting obligations for internal and external stakeholders
Work with operational and project leaders to define and document reporting requirements for external and internal customers.
Develops and executes on approved plans; managing collection and analysis of data in order to develop process improvement initiatives.
Manage and lead the completion of ongoing reporting requirements
- Manage the development and delivery of reporting needs for the agency
- Oversees staff who create reports and gather data on performance metrics to facilitate the review of program effectiveness.
- Design and develop datasets and reports that identify areas of opportunity, measure outcomes and evaluate performance.
- Develop and maintain custom Cognos reports and dashboards
- Ensure data accuracy and prompt development of reports
- Manage the maintenance, expansion, and improvement of existing reports
- Supervise or perform the investigation and research of report issues
- Work with supervisor to prioritize reports, modifications, and other ad hoc requests
- Ensure appropriate documentation of report designs and analysis plans
- Writing and optimizing SQL queries against relational databases (MySQL)
Analyze program requirements against available data and provide meaningful feedback to drive performance improvement
Works with the Quality Improvement Nurse Manager and other team members to evaluate patient care data to ensure that care is provided in accordance with clinical guidelines and organizational standards.
Standardizes data management procedures
Collects clinical and practice outcomes data and perform analysis in support of process improvement initiatives.
Develop data collection plans in accordance with performance metrics to facilitate the review of program effectiveness.
- Present draft results
- Modify results based on customer feedback/reporting needs
- Recommend changes/ enhancements to data capture
- Generate reports in the desired format according to customer timelines
- Manage and coordinate project and production timelines as assigned
- Generates documents and records according to agency requirements
- Train staff on the use of reports or the use of reporting tools within the EHR
Research required data elements to define populations for state and federal reporting requirements
Perform literature searches on best practice standards for performance measurement
Research, document and implement new tools and methods for optimizing the reporting system
Work in conjunction with Health Informatics Team and other project teams:
Perform independent testing of electronic health record reporting platform functionality and capabilities
Develop test plans to evaluate specific reporting functions within electronic health record system
Thundermist is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a culturally diverse workforce, committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.