The 2018 Summer Corporate Intern Program is open to dedicated and hardworking students.The goal of the Spectrum Corporate Intern Program is to provide current students with exposure to a real-life business setting while giving them the opportunity to learn about our industry. Spectrum provides an atmosphere that is intended to broaden an entry-level candidate’s professional understanding while promoting self-confidence, accomplishment, and career development.
The program is 10 weeks in length and will run from May 29, 2018, through August 3, 2018.
Summary of Projects:
- Research project that incorporates both computer science and WiFi technology, specifically applying AI and machine learning to simulated RRM data collected by the WiFi router to identify patterns in data used in determining automated courses-of-action. The Internship culminates in co-authoring a paper with the mentor that is worthy of submitting to an IEEE or ACM journal or conference.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completing a summer project assigned by respective department and/or functional area
- Working with fellow interns on a cross-functional group project
- Attending internship development activities as scheduled
- Ability to commit to a full-time work schedule (40 hours/week) for the length of the program
- Ability to travel to Spectrum Intern development events/activities
- Performing other duties as assigned
Skills required for program:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited four year college or university
- Rising Junior (current sophomore) and above
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Access)
- Relevant internship is a plus, as is experienced in a leadership position at work or within a campus organization
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion demonstrated via energy levels, enthusiasm, creativity, and commitment
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry is desired
- Must practice good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
Rising Junior or higher with a minimum GPA of 3.0 preferably with a major in one of the functional areas listed below:
- Computer Science
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability