Precipart, in Farmingdale New York, is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Global IT Software Solutions. Through the effective management of IT-related activities, you will ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Services Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. In this position, you will liaise with decision-makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Candidates who desire a challenging career with the opportunity to build a global support team are desired. This is a unique opportunity to join an established manufacturer whose products are sold globally.
- Manage and perform the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, applications, data warehousing and business intelligence
- Responsible for maintaining and customizing all modules of Infor XA ERP system software utilized by various departments
- Create, maintain, modify, and document programs to meet the business needs using RPG, SQL, DDS and IBM iSeries Command Language (CL)
- Responsible for reporting, workflow, document management, and CRM initiatives
- Assist in management of IT Help Desk, including categorizing and determining support level needed
- Actively participate in the department's operational and strategic planning, including encouraging innovation, planning projects, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Benchmark, analyze, and report on improvement and growth of IT infrastructure and IT systems
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Create and maintain technical documentation where necessary
- Generate reports using iSeries query as requested
- Negotiate vendor, outsource, and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Manage relationships with outside VARs and service providers including IBM and Infor
- Support security of all technology and advise management and staff of security breaches
- Provide guidance, direction, and mentoring to IT staff in support of daily operations while also providing motivation to meet company goals
- Develop resources, create user documentation and train staff about potential uses of new and existing technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering and minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in: RPG, AS400 Command Language, ERP (Infor XA preferred), MS Office Products, IBM iSeries administrative functions
- Prior experience in IT infrastructure planning, development and negotiating with and managing outside vendors
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including prior supervisory experience; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities; Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and law.
- Working conditions include both office and manufacturing in multiple buildings, must be able to navigate both environments.
We look for long-term employee satisfaction and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Base salary plus bonus program
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and enhanced short and long-term disability insurance
- Profit sharing plan
- 529 College Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Stable organization with opportunities for future growth within the company.
Precipart is a global company engaged in the engineering, design, and manufacture of high precision custom solutions. We provide gears, mechanical components, assemblies, and motion control solutions to the most recognized names in the medical, aerospace and industrial markets. With offices in the United States, Switzerland, United Kingdom and India, we have over 260 employees dedicated to enhancing lives through innovative solutions.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.