2018 SUMMER DATA SCIENCE INTERN
New York, NY United States
Chegg puts students first. As the leading connected learning platform, the company makes higher education more affordable, more accessible, and more successful for students. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California, and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. For more information.
Your goal – to improve the education process and better the lives of students through interning in Data Science.
Organization: Writing Tools
The Writing Tools team is composed of data scientists and business analysts. The team influences strategy and works closely with the product, engineering, marketing, and business leaders and is responsible for generating insights and reporting for the new careers products and services at Chegg.
Role: Data Science Internship
We’re looking for highly motivated interns to help to join our team and work on a number of applied data science problems within the education space. Interns on our Data Science team will be able to prepare and analyze large volumes of data to discover patterns. Interns will present findings to the Data Science team, the product and business teams, and the executive leadership at Chegg.
- Work closely with others on the Writing Tools team, as well as cross-functionally with product, marketing, engineering, and business teams.
- Conduct data analysis, and build and test statistical models, such as classification algorithms, to evaluate business performance metrics such as funnel conversion, market opportunities, and customer behavior.
- Explore first-party and third-party data to generate insights for product and business leaders.
- Present and interpret analytic findings and participate actively in discussions of results.
- Currently be pursuing a BA/BS or MA/MS in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics, engineering, economics, or a related field) from an accredited four-year college or university
- Be legally allowed to work in the US (US citizen, green card, or F1 student visa holder)
- Have the ability to intern in New York, NY
- Have the ability to work for a continuous 12 weeks in the summer
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably python or R
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple product teams; interest in Chegg’s mission
- Ability to think critically and work autonomously
Nice to have:
- Some knowledge of statistics, econometrics, or machine learning and experience applying that knowledge to data
- Some knowledge of Tableau