Trustwave is a leader in offering solutions to today’s complex security issues. We provide a full suite of leading-edge security products, ranging from malware detection to vulnerability scanning to threat analytics. We are also innovators in threat research and managed security services. We owe our success to the drive and dedication of our people.
Our employees are among the smartest and most talented anywhere. You’ll be working alongside industry experts, respected thought leaders and colleagues who know that true collaboration is key to designing and delivering world-class information security technologies and services. As our company grows and evolves, so do the opportunities for our people.
We believe that innovation comes from the initiative, and therefore we foster and encourage our teams to look for new ways to improve our solutions, better serve customers and find efficiencies. Trustwave offers ample opportunity for advancement and exciting new challenges in the ever-expanding security solutions market.
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Software Engineer with established professional experience to join Trustwave's Product Engineering team.
• Work in small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
• Collaborate with Product Management to identify, prioritize and document detailed product requirements
• Design, develop and document application and framework code in Java, Flex and other object-oriented programming languages
• Create robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
• Work with internal QA team on system, performance, and acceptance testing Technical Requirements:
• Familiarity with agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.)
• Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills, including experience with leading open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and JUnit
• Experience developing rich application UIs using Adobe Flex is highly desirable
• Familiarity with C/C++ or other object-oriented languages (e.g. Groovy, Python, Ruby) is also desirable
• Solid relational DBMS skills using MySQL, PostgreSQL or other DBMS products
• Real-world experience building very large scale, high availability applications
• Experience developing web services using XML-RPC, SOAP or REST approaches General Requirements:
• Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
• Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices in the U.S. may be required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required