Reporting to the CIO, the Senior Director of Product Management has the primary responsibilities of defining product strategy, developing and executing the product roadmap, P&L management, and developing detailed market requirements for all Allied Telecom product portfolios. Additionally, he or she directs the development and lifecycle management of those same product portfolios and is responsible for maximizing the competitiveness and financial performance of each product portfolio. The Senior Director, Product Management is focused on the client experience and employee experience and has the ability to understand and translate market opportunities and client needs into product requirements and product value messaging. He or she is an expert in communicating Allied’s product capabilities to both internal and external audiences via written and verbal presentations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive overall product vision, strategy, roadmap, and requirements to fuel growth
- Manage key projects including assigning resources, managing priorities and defining measurable milestones.
- Define success metrics and analyze product performance, balancing analytics with insight to drive decisions and iterate quickly.
- Collaborate with and provide leadership and direction to a wide range of departments including Operations, Engineering, Finance, Sales, and Marketing.
- Focus on both client and employee experience, and how product strategy affects each.
- Own and drive P&L targets: revenue and contribution growth.
- Vendor management, including sourcing, pricing, and negotiations.
- Become versed quickly in new domains, developing a deep understanding of competitive offerings and how they impact consumer choices and preferences.
- Keep a strong bias for stepping up and taking action while also demonstrating a willingness to learn and receive guidance.
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis.
- Ownership of business cases for product enhancements or developments.
- Proactive and regular interaction with key customers to ensure products meet the needs of the market.
- Creation and delivery of product training across all departments.
- Monitor client and operational metrics for the product portfolio and serves as the champion for development, organizational, and process improvements in the order to cash processes.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and evangelist for the entire product portfolio.
- Create scorecards and executive level reporting for the products and services.
- Identify technical development opportunities and partnerships.
Knowledge and Skills
- 7+ years product management experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or another related field; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. A Master’s degree in Business Administration (or MBA) is desired.
- 8+ years of the progressively broader scope of responsibilities to include systems, planning, budgeting and management of teams; or combination of applicable experience, education, and training which provides the knowledge and skills needed to perform job duties.
- Telecommunications or Internet Service Provider (ISP) experience is required.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner.
- Ability to make quick transitions between tactical execution and deep, strategic thinking.
- Ability to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times.
- Ability to provide leadership for direct teams and cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of company financial measures and financial modeling.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and results oriented with the ability to drive projects and assignments to completion on time.
- Standard office/computer equipment with knowledge of various software packages, operating systems, and operational support systems.
About Allied Telecom
Allied has served the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions as a highly regarded, single-source provider of managed Internet, cloud, network, and enterprise Unified Communications solutions since 1996. Amidst a telecom industry all-too-often known for poor customer service and slow resolution, Allied has long differentiated itself through personal client care, quick response times, and even (where possible) same day installations to “save the day” for clients. In doing so, we’ve built a reputation as a trusted technology partner who offers sophisticated technical expertise coupled with exceptional service. This client-focused approach to business is anchored in the simple words of our Core Values: Integrity, Stewardship, Empowerment, CaNI (Constant and Never-Ending Improvement), and Excellence. In the spirit of these Values, we strive to cultivate an environment and culture that encourages each member of our team to reach their Full Potential, and, in doing so, help Allied achieve and maintain its Full Potential as an organization.
Allied has a commitment to its Community, Employees and Employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits at a low cost – Health Insurance, FSA, HSA, 401(k), PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, Training and “Give Back!” Programs are just a few of the perks! Allied is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer and evaluates applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Allied complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.