Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s mission is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We are the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and the University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub: We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven: We strive for excellence; constantly improving our game
Courageous: We are bold and not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive: We see what others don’t and pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse: We recognize and respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand: We experience the world through StubHub
THE OPPORTUNITY: Manager, Discovery Product Management
LOCATION: Based in San Francisco, CA
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows, and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next.
The Browser Experience Product Team – responsible for the browser experience, data science products, SEO and Catalog is looking for a talented Product Manager to lead our Discovery and Search portfolio of products
You will join a team at an early stage in redefining how to bring products to life and have the opportunity to shape and grow the product team in this area. You will work closely with our Genre GMs and Product Marketing team. This role requires an analytical product manager with strong partnership skills to align all internal and external product requirement. As an owner, you will not only define the product strategy, you will also need to be strong in execution and mentoring your team.
This role offers the opportunity to:
· Own the Browser Search and Discovery Products on a global scale.
· Drive what our customers see and how they interact with StubHub
· Influence decisions on how we stitch brand, content, and customer experience in our products.
· Strategize industry trends within the ticketing industry such as Community and Social
What we're looking for:
· Experienced Product Management in the e-commerce industry, someone that has run products such as Search and Home.
· Someone that can hit the ground running day 1
· Experience bringing Products to Market with a great partnership with Product Marketing.
· Have successfully delivered products to production and met their goals KPIs
· Work closely with Product Analytics team for data insights and action plans.
· Well versed in User Research and bringing the voice of the customer into conversations.
· Excited about full end-to-end product/line lifecycle ownership
· Work with development engineering in assessing and choosing third-party technology solutions to meet business case and time-to-market requirements.
· Monitor industry innovations and in conjunction with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and continue to update roadmap and strategy.
· Author white papers, presentations and other material directly supporting the assigned product portfolio.
· Multiple successful products launch under your belt
· Experience setting product vision, road-mapping, goal setting, user story writing, managing project execution
A/B testing, working closely with UI/UX and defining product roll-out strategy
· Originate, collect and synthesize product ideas from customers and cross-functional peers.
· Lead and influence
· Past experience in Social and/or Community products/industry
· SEO experience – previous experience with SEO and execution strategy
· Worked on content management systems before (roll out and scale).
· Minimum 5 years of Product Management experience with 2 or more years of direct managing other Product Managers
· BS Degree, MBA, and MS a plus.
· Successful Product Managers at StubHub:
· Customer focus, you look at a customer problem and comes up with product solutions on how to solve them.
· Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
· Self-motivated with an innovative spirit
· Not afraid to get hands-on and do whatever is necessary to ensure a successful outcome.
· Outcome-oriented - not reactionary; you can articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
· Consensus builders. You are able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Discovery experience is a must-have!
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $189K+
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for the ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
10+ to 15 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
In your own words, what is the "Discovery" phase and what is your relevant experience in it?
We are looking for "discovery" experience. The discovery phase is where you undertake all the research you need in order to fully scope and plan your entire digital project. It should always be the first step in the process. The discovery phase aims to gain a detailed understanding of stakeholders and the end customer in order to produce a better performing product.
Within the discovery phase, it is vital to understand in depth, the needs of the business. What are the fundamental business goals that must be achieved? What are the aspirational targets? What are the different needs of the various stakeholders across the organization? How is success defined and how can any potential barriers be overcome? What dependencies are there to ensure a smooth delivery? Bringing together stakeholders from across the business, from top management to customer-facing staff will help ensure that from the outset, objectives and priorities are clear and agreed upon by everyone.