General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
The ITS Engineering Value Stream Team at GA provides subject matter expertise in product lifecycle management, test suite management, and requirements management applications. We provide process improvement consultancy to our internal customers; upgrade, enhance and administer the applications for our internal customers. Our technology stack consists of enterprise applications like Windchill, Integrity, Creo, Solidworks, and Teamcenter. Our skills areas encompass programming (Java++, JSON, XML); managing more than 100 clustered Linux environments.
We have an opportunity for an Intern to learn and develop skills within the Engineering applications support space.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn and develop skills in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Understand basics of PLM; its role in the larger enterprise and how it connects data/processes/business systems and ultimately people in the creation of products.
- Establish proficiency and understanding of the high-level PLM applications in our environment by reading the documentation, online training and mentoring by GA PLM staff.
- Develop proficiency in Java by working with the GA PLM development team; as well as understand object-oriented concepts and their implementation with regards to the PLM applications suite.
- Assist in developing specific Java programming solutions.
- Assist in performing system maintenance as well as troubleshooting any system issues.
- Update user and technical documentation for PLM applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student at a recognized college or university.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering
- Must possess a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Basic programming concepts, familiarity with Java preferred.
- Familiar with Object-Oriented programming concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately; (2) the ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures; (3) good communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals; (4) the ability to work independently or in a team environment; and (5) basic computer skills.
Travel Percentage Required: None
Clearance Required? No