Meet Surf Air, the first private air travel club of its kind offering all-you-can-fly service for one monthly fee. Our Members—entrepreneurs and frequent regional travelers—enjoy an effortless flying experience that saves valuable time with every trip. Flights are available to and from convenient airports along the U.S. West Coast with additional regions and destinations to follow.
Staff Accountant to join their offices located in Santa Monica, CA. Working under the supervision of the Controller this role will focus on an array of accounting duties including; review of transactional accounting, financial statement preparation, Month End close and maintain the General Ledger.
You will be perfect for this role if;
You enjoy working in an exciting start-up environment
You want professional growth and the ability to positively impact a rapidly growing company
You enjoy a challenge and want to learn new concepts
Responsibilities for the role of Staff Accountant:
- Prepare and process customer invoices and apply for customer payments.
- Resolve customer billing issues as well as analyze and reconcile customer activity to merchant processing activity while working with our Member Services group.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Process vendor invoices, code expenditures to proper cost centers and general ledger accounts, prepare vendor payments, prepare month-end accruals and reconcile accounts to vendor statements.
- Prepare and post semi-monthly payroll journal entries including the verification of commission calculations.
- Prepare monthly departmental income statement and balance sheet fluctuation analysis by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and through discussions with operations personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external monthly reporting packages for management, investors, and lenders.
- Perform other month-end closing activities as assigned.
- Gather supporting documentation, prepare schedules and respond to inquiries from independent accountants during year-end audit.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommend changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; etc.
Requirements for the role of Staff Accountant:
- 3+ years of Staff Accounting experience.
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel (Pivot table, Vlookup)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting (or related field)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Statement Preparation: 3 years (Required)
- Month End Close: 3 years (Required)
- Staff Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Financial Reporting: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel (Pivot table, Vlookup): 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Santa Monica, CA (Required)