Salary Est. $88K Confidential Client
You will direct corporate payroll functions including payroll processing, payroll taxes, and work with on corporate payroll strategy, planning, and marketing of the payroll function and related services. You will be the primary liaison between the payroll department and the business segment front-end payroll staff. You will ensure that adequate controls exist and all federal and state wage and hour laws are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include The Following
- Oversight of payroll administration, taxes, and garnishments in a global company, multi-state environment for over 2500 employees.
- Accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing and all payroll KPI’s.
- Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders on developing the vision for future-state process and systems, including project plans, monitoring, and reporting of process improvements.
- Work with business segment payroll and finance staff to establish and administer payroll and timekeeping processes and policies.
- Maintain and manage payroll related legal and regulatory compliance.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with business segment leaders, internal departments, and external vendors.
- Ensure accuracy in the processing of garnishments, child support, and IRS levies administered by the payroll staff.
- Assist with Quarterly payroll and timekeeping system permissions for SOX compliance.
- Facilitate internal and external audit requests for payroll related data; meet with auditors to assist in their understanding of the data.
- Coordinate with the Accounting for timely processing of account funding.
- Assist with the development and implementation of national payroll procedures and policy changes.
- Ensure accurate reporting of Envision Healthcare payroll metrics on a monthly basis.
- Work with the General Ledger team on month-end payroll costing and file transmission/GL costing.
- Oversee year-end processing ensure that employees receive all forms required by the IRS.
- Maintain compliance with all employment laws and support affirmative action/equal opportunity goals.
- Transition and integration of systems
- B.S. / B.A. in Accounting or related field from a four year College or University, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years managing payroll departments within large multi-state companies, including in-depth knowledge of payroll tax processing, internal/external audits, garnishments and wage and hour requirements, vendor management, compliance and record keeping.
- 5+ years leading virtual teams.
- Expert knowledge of payroll, wage and hour, and tax laws and regulations for US, Canada.
- Experience in Axapta 6 time reporting, ADP.
- Knowledge and experience in payroll auditing.
- Ability to analyze output and propose problem-solving.
- Expertise in Excel and Access; strong knowledge of other MS Office Suite products.
- Strong management knowledge with the ability to handle high-stress
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
- MBA in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of payroll, wage and hour, and tax laws and regulations for South America/Central America.
- Knowledge and experience with Workday HRIS.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll Department Management: 10 years (Required)
- Leading a Virtual Team: 5 years (Required)
- payroll & tax laws and regulations for US and Canada: 5 years (Required)
- payroll auditing: 5 years (Required)
- payroll & tax laws and regs. for South & Central America: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
License or certification:
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) (Preferred)
- English (Required)