Position Title: Developer – Application Services (JAVA)
The Application Services Developer is responsible for the development, testing, and documentation of enterprise-class web application, services, middle-tier interfaces, and backend database, mainly with Java technologies like J2EE, Spring, and Struts. The role requires strong industry experience in REST, JSON, XML, SOAP web services and SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS. This role collaborates with various teams for research, analysis, and architecture of business solutions. The developer will develop and maintain innovative, scalable solutions that provide value to the business and provide operational support as required.
· Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC),
· Decompose and translate business requirements into detailed design specifications
· Code/design/test configurable, self-healing, and zero-to-minimal-maintenance JAVA web applications and services using Spring or Struts framework.
· Provide input and guidance on development and architecture decisions and governance processes
· Proactively collaborate with the appropriate matrix of IT teams (business solution delivery, architecture, development, QA, infrastructure & support) for project estimation, construction, and delivery of business solutions
· Partners with data center operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation, and support for applications
· Leads/conducts/participates in detailed code reviews in a constructive manner to ensure high quality and consistent coding practices
· Ensure continued accountability for product and services delivery within IT shared services development organization
· Create written and presentation materials that cater to technical and business audiences
· Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
· Six (6) years of overall experience developing web services and enterprise-scale application integration solutions.
· Three (3) years' with Java technologies like J2EE, Spring, Struts, etc.
· Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 35%)
· Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
· Ability to present to various levels
· Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
· Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located without any sponsorship.
· Thorough knowledge of business function and thorough knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies
· Exposure to JetBlue’s IT disciplines and interdependencies
· Exposure to JetBlue’s business units and how their needs drive IT strategy
· Experience working on enterprise-wide budget process
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond to short-notice
· Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
· When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
· Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun