The Manager, SEO will help manage the overall SEO program ensuring that revenue objectives are met. S/he will be responsible for managing, growing, and optimizing organic search engine across a range of search engines, web directories, and search-related opportunities to maximize profit for choicehotels.com. This individual will also be responsible for staying current with emerging technologies, understand how they affect search engine algorithm and cultivate new SEO opportunities aimed at driving traffic and revenue through link building activities. This individual will also work with key stakeholders across the organization to support key initiatives. Leading a team of digital marketers, the manager will not only define the strategic, measurement and execution plan but will also seek opportunities to enhance the value proposition of the team’s effort to franchisees.
SEO Program Management Manages
- SEO initiatives from concept to completion, ensure that all timelines and deliverables are met, develop historical benchmarks for each initiative, and measure against department and/or corporate objectives and ROI goals.
- Serves as an SEO liaison with internal stakeholders to execute and implement SEO programs for ChoiceHotels.com including, the development of business cases, project timelines, and measurement of performance analytics.
- Audit SEO content published by ChoiceHotels.com for search engine optimization compliance. Analyze all site designs and provide recommendations, as appropriate, that would result in increased organic ranking and visibility in search results.
- Provide ad hoc project management support as it’s related to eCommerce efforts, including, but not limited to, execution of Choice’s social media strategy integration with SEO, development of site content, search engine optimization strategy for both Core and Local Search, etc.
- Provide strategic roadmap, measurement plan, guidance and direction to the team that aligns to overall corporate and departmental objectives to drive incremental revenue from digital. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the SEO team and manages the productivity of the department, including workflow prioritization.
- Provides direction and appropriate recommendations to distribution channels and key stakeholders (e.g. content marketing, revenue management and reputation management) to enhance the property’s digital presence and revenue.
- Liaise with internal teams to collaborate on best practices and customer care at the local level. Monitor and report out on market level trends and dynamics that could erode franchisee market share, competitor activity, local search strategies and overall landscape trends and competitor activity.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Choice franchisees, field staff, brand performance consultants and other interested parties affected by all channels within the Choice distribution network.
- Develops a market-level digital playbook to drive franchisee incremental revenue.
- In collaboration with Human Resources and leadership, develops and executes a plan for attracting, retaining and developing talent to meet current and future business objectives. This includes leading talent reviews and developing leadership succession plans for the department and/or division.
- Models effective leadership competencies in alignment with Choice’s work culture and carries out supervisory responsibilities, including interviewing, hiring, and training, appraising performance and collaborating with direct reports on their professional development.
SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Digital eCommerce, Digital Marketing, Online Advertising or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in SEO
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a team. Includes ability to create a compelling vision, demonstrate flexibility in approach, define/lead change, influence and motivate others to achieve desired results. Ability to build, actively develop, and effectively manage diverse teams.
Minimum of 3 years previous experience with:
- Medium-to-high traffic websites
- Keyword analysis & tools with an aptitude for competitive analysis, benchmarking and performance metrics
- Web analytics software or similar web metrics tools (Omniture, Coremetrics, Unica NetInsight, etc.)
- Good familiarity with SEO related tools including HTTP header check, keyword research, rankings, inbound/outbound link, PageRank checker, competitive analysis tools, code validation, Google Webmaster Tools, BrightEdge, etc.