Channel Marketing Manager
At James Hardie Building Products, we are looking for people who are Smart, Driven, and Real.
We hire leaders and innovators - not employees or staff. James Hardie is a $2B WORLD LEADER in fiber-cement building products and technology, and our success and quality of our products are attributed to the talent of our people. We manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential and light commercial markets.
As a Marketing Manager, you will have an initial focus on both our Strategic Accounts/Channel Business and our Interiors products business. You will contribute to strategic planning and make recommendations, manage cross-functional projects, execute marketing tactics cross-channel and product, manage and analyze data, and have a high degree of communication with internal and external stakeholders. You will have an abundance of opportunity to use your organizational, prioritization, and analytical marketing skills and direct retail and shopper marketing experience.
Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Help guide marketing strategy for our interiors product line and lead all tactical support activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Participation with the product team; leading of marketing communication strategy and tactical execution for the HardieBacker product line.
- Management of marketing assets; assess needs for print samples, displays, and packaging etc. and modify accordingly. Manage the data asset management system.
- Lead all channel/retail support in connection with Interiors (primarily Home Depot & Lowe’s).
- Work with trade show management to successfully manage all trade shows.
Retail Channel Support:
- Lead all marketing strategy & support activities for the retail channel, with focus on Lowe's and The Home Depot. Marketing activities to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Driving our marketing strategy with big box stores including brand alignment/ management, category management, partnerships, in-aisle activations, digital activations and web management
- Annual marketing campaign creation
- Trade show support (design, setup, giveaways)
- Creation and updating of in-store signage and displays
- Creation and updating of photography/videos, training materials, & presentations
- Management of data asset management system
Exterior Channel Support
- Lead all marketing support activities for strategic accounts, with focus on key distribution partners. Marketing activities to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Build marketing strategies with individual accounts; identify and execute tactics aligned with these strategies to create more value.
- Manage annual Co-Op marketing funds, working with key partners on planning and execution of local/regional marketing campaigns.
Marketing Manager Requirments:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business
- 5-7+ years of experience in a corporate marketing environment; with a preferred focus on channel/retail and shopper marketing
- Specific work experience in marketing, sales, advertising, project management, administrative support operations, written communications, and documentation management are highly desirable
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Competitive base salary, lucrative annual bonus, paid time off, wellness program, 401k with company match, opportunities for community service, charitable contribution match, free lunch every Friday, a free soda every day!
At James Hardie, you will find a fast-paced, high energy work environment. We seek to maintain an entrepreneurial atmosphere where people are empowered to "run with" their part of the business to make it successful. As one of the fastest growing companies in the building materials sector, you will have a significant career opportunity for advancement and be a key contributor to our vision of “Hardie on Every Home.”
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Bachelor's Degree, related field
5-7+ years of experience in a corporate marketing environment; with a preferred focus on channel/ret
Experience leading cross-functional teams
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $139K+
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
We are looking for a smart, business-minded marketer with 5-7 years of marketing and communications experience in a corporate environment. Someone who has demonstrated strategic input in their current role, contributed to marketing campaign development/strategy, experience managing cross-functional projects in a matrix, with a background in co-op marketing and shopper marketing.