If you are ready to be part of creating the future of personal electric transportation and are looking for a company in an exciting period of growth and expansion, values hard work, and believes in work-life harmony, then this is the company for you. Inboard Technology designs, builds and distributes beautiful, functional and safe electric rideable. Our first signature product (M1) has been featured all over the world and combines action sports with technology. We are now ready to extend our growth and are looking for engaged and talented people.
The UX design manager is responsible for the User experience on Web, mobile, and the Inboard App to drive conversion and the effective communication of the brand narrative. The Design Manager is responsible for all the digital design and maintenance as well as all other design touch points such as emails, sales POP, event signage and product design support such as some light cad design. This position is pivotal as it ensures the visual and emotional experience and consistency of the brand. This position reports into the CMO with a dotted line into the Brand manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Redesign the website and maintain it, adjusting it and evolving it as need arise to develop the most effective UI
- Inculcate a mobile-first design philosophy to drive a simple but leading mobile experience.
- Support the conversion optimization process within and throughout Marketing, through analysis of UX and design requirements and development of solutions
- Provide insight via research on potential new features and tools that can enhance UX or UX insight
- Implement and execute user testing and A/B/n testing
- Build a culture of optimization in collaboration with colleagues in Marketing, Development, and Analytics
- Manage brand guidelines, using KPIs and user feedback to define and improve the website.
- Stay abreast of all new and relevant design trends to ensure Inboard’s experience stays current
- Work hand and hand with CMO, Brand Manager and Product marketer to drive conversions on web and mobile.
- Oversee the design of the Inboard app for the effective capture of data.
- Apply all digital design philosophy to all 3D materials and drive its execution.
- Support product engineering by providing light cad support and design input when appropriate
Qualifications and Skills:
- Subject matter expert in the field of web and mobile UX and UI design.
- Proficient in all relevant design software.
- Experience designing website for consumer-facing brands.
- Strong sense of aesthetic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to listen
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Highly creative with the ability to think outside the box
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
Benefits & Perks :
Inboard offers a robust benefits package. Below is a sample of the many benefits offered:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible and scalable paid time off policy
- A casual work environment filled with energetic, fun, team-oriented people
- Work and play in beautiful Santa Cruz, CA
- Employee discounts on Inboard products and all of Inboards’ partner brands and retailers
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option
- Dog-friendly workspaces
- Team events and travel
- Flexible work schedule with opportunities to work remote
- Skate time, ride days, surf days
- Creating the future of personal electric vehicles with an amazing and talented team
- All Inboard Products available to you whenever you need them
Job Type: Full-time
- Web & Mobile UX and UI Design: 3 years (Required)
- Consumer Products: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)