Infoblox is seeking a Senior Software Engineer – Platform to join our Product Engineering team in Santa Clara, CA. The Staff Software Engineer will report to the Director of Hardware and Platform Software Engineering in Santa Clara, CA. You will work on platform and infrastructure related components that support our Core Network products. The Platform Services team is responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining system infrastructure components in the areas of high-availability platform services.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to be a part of the team solving massive scale, performance challenges, building and maintaining next generation network actionable intelligence products. As a key contributor to the core platform team, you would be involved creating high-quality system software for core DDI networking platform.
- Design and implement timely, high-quality software solutions to customer issues for Infoblox core products
- Communicate and coordinate with Product Management and development teams around the world
- Take features from concept to release through all phases of development: Functional and Design specifications, implementation and unit, performance and scalability testing
- Develop, upgrade and maintaining Linux kernel and open source libraries
- Analyze software defects, as well as security and performance issues in a Linux-based multi-threaded environment
- Help design and implement components of the Infoblox Next Generation Platform
- Strong systems background and knowledge of Linux kernel and OS internals, GNU tool-chain and debugger knowledge
- 7+ years’ experience software development in C programming in a Linux or Unix environment
- Experience with x86 and MIPS based processors and system architectures
- Experience with SW licensing, DB partitioning and SW distribution implementations
- Strong development and problem-solving skills are required
- In-depth working knowledge Linux platform services, performance analysis and in kernel level debugging using gdb and other tools
- A solid understanding of networking concepts, IPv6 and DNS protocols
- Knowledge of Python, Java, JEE, WSDL, HTTP/S is major plus
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere and vCloud Director is a plus
- Experience in microservices architecture and container-based software using Docker and other container technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, etc) is a plus
- Experience in Agile methodologies with software development life-cycle experience
- Four-year degree in CS, CE, EE or equivalent is required
- Master’s in CS, CE or EE is preferred
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours.