Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates.
- This position reports to the Controller. Assists in of day-to-day operations of the accounting department.
- Preparation, review, and approval of Daily Sales Report, accounts receivable, payroll, and accounts payable.
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting variances, monthly financial projections, month-end accounting duties, oversees audit requirements and cash management.
- Prepare reports in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings; provide proper preparation of statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual plan budget and financial forecast.
- Analyze and interpret accounting information.
Candidates will be considered for this unique opportunity that has at least 1-year accounting experience including previous supervisory and cash management experience. Hospitality industry experience highly preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Candidates who have strong analytical abilities, good planning, and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with management regarding financials.
- Experienced in PeopleSoft Financials Software or similar system, Hyperion a plus and Microsoft Office.
Please note, this position will require a schedule that includes days, nights, weekends and holidays, based on our event schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Required)
- Cash and inventory control: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Baltimore, MD