You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers, and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do MoreTM.
The Digital Platforms and Publishing Manager defines, develops, implements, tracks, and optimizes the digital channels and associated publishing standards needed to deliver strong revenue performance and a great online customer experience. This position leads the team that helps drive innovation into marketing, dealer, and customer engagement programs through the exploration and implementation of new and emerging online, mobile, future platforms and devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop and drive digital marketing platforms and publishing strategy. Oversee the day-to-day selection, monitoring, management, optimization and publication aspects of key digital channels, including external websites, dealer portals, apps, e-commerce platforms and other channels critical to sales, marketing, engagement and business goals.
2. Manage relationships with internal and dealer stakeholders to prioritize and optimize digital investments and activities. Manage digital marketing budget and engagement with key agencies and vendors critical to program success and delivery.
3. Create and manage a system of digital analytics and metrics to measure performance and continuously improve and evolve a digital strategy. Identify opportunities for new digital features and functionality that will solve problems in our customers’, dealers’ and team members’ lives and take these forward for consideration. Ensure all changes adhere to regulatory and compliance requirements.
4. Define, develop and communicate standards and digital expectations that help ensure our content and publishing is timely, consistent and high quality. Execute training for the organization to ensure effective implementation of digital tools. Work directly with dealer organization for training and feedback for future development of technology.
5. Manage assigned team members in the performance of their duties. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization’s business strategies and objectives, and ensure the digital team is properly serving its internal and external customers, meeting defined expectations. Lead the team members with a focus on modeling a caring culture, agile thinking, serving customers, and stewardship.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communication.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in digital marketing or demand generation with experience in a B2B environment. Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
- Experience working with creative and/or technical development of web-based solutions, technology, and emerging media preferred.
- Experience with multi-lingual digital strategies and platforms including experience and familiarity working with partners responsible for international social media strategies, particularly in EMEA, Latin America, and Asia.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success in driving growth in engagement across multiple platforms and digital disciplines.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Strong familiarity with proven and emerging digital metrics & measurement.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Budget management and leading multiple vendor partners experience.
- Knowledge of website development, programming, and administration to implement technology solutions for Vermeer and the dealer organization to assist in the achievement of these goals.
- Ability to develop and lead a team and to convert a plan into action/results.
- Ability to think forward from the customer’s perspective to address their online marketing needs.
- Ability to motivate self to work independently or in groups.
- Demonstrated an understanding of business systems, portal applications, and programming.
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver training materials for varied audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
- Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate to large, diverse groups, including working persuasively and effectively with unsatisfied customers.
Up to 15% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.