The Financial Reporting team reports corporate financial information and drives the related requirements for financial statements and accompanying notes. The accountant role is involved in month-end close accounting for various processes specifically including, but not limited to the responsibilities below.
• Professional Services expenses
• Occupancy expenses
• General and Administrative expenses
• Unclaimed Property reconciliation and preparation
• Related prepaid accounts
• Prepare and post journal entries related to respective areas of
• Prepare account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts including those
impacting professional services
• Ensure timely resolution of open reconciling items
• Assist in P&L and balance sheet month end flux analysis including HFM
trend analysis month-over-month
• Identify process improvement opportunities and present recommended
• Create and/or update policies and procedures related to areas of
• Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor
and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Leadership Competencies for this level include
• Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to
continuously meet required deadlines and goals
• Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a
team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are
involved in key team tasks and decisions
• Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information
effectively and confidently when working with others
• Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others
along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same
time is comfortable challenging ideas.
• Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates
new ideas and processes, and confidently pursue challenges as new
avenues of opportunity.
• Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (U.S.
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields.
• Flexibility in team assignment shifts, willingness to pitch in wherever
• High problem solving and analytical skills
• Familiarity with Oracle accounting software (JD Edwards and Hyperion) a
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.