Responsibilities and Duties
- Completes daily and monthly reconciliations for general ledger accounts, and internal accounts, insuring accurate processing and posting of all account entries
- Documents all transaction and general ledger adjustments
- Updates asset and liability model.
- Prepares financial statements, board reports and cash flow statements.
- Manages and supervises day-to-day accounting activities.
- Develops and implements policies to streamline financial institution accounting procedures.
- Develops and maintains complex computer-based analyses and reports of financial institution accounting records on a regular basis.
- Monitors fixed-asset management.
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all contacts, customers, and potential customers.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- May train new employees and answer co-worker questions.
- Performs duties of Accounting Clerk as necessary
- Processes invoices and check requests. Generates weekly check runs and reports
- Receives and posts monthly payments, reconciles accounts, and responds to customer inquiries as necessary.
- Assists Accounting staff in other clerical functions, such as filing or research, as necessary
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and team player attitude - attentive to success of clients and co-workers
- Internally driven to succeed with ability to work independently while maintaining a ‘team mentality’
- Exemplary interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Effective multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize assignments and projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently involving multiple customers, colleagues and vendors;
- High integrity, strong character, and ability to keep client information confidential.
- Can receive and provide constructive dialogue
- Dependable and reliable
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and two to five years of experience
- Mortgage banking experience a plus
- Banking accounting experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Above average skills and knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, & Outlook
About the Opportunity
For this opportunity you will report directly to the Finance Director of the Bank.
While experience in being in Accounting is desirable, candidate character qualities are equally valued. The ideal candidate will:
- Be exceptionally intelligent and honest * Be a creative and critical thinker
- Be self-driven with a strong work ethic * Have extraordinary attention to detail
- Take initiative * Follow through to completion
- Take direction well * Exceptional customer service skills
- Work well in a small team environment * Have steadfast ethics and moral compass
- Exemplary oral and written communication
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 4 years
- Banking/Mortgage Industry: 4 years
- Austin, TX