Internation Paper is seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting who will be responsible for providing the necessary leadership and coordination of the Company's financial reporting function, as well as oversee the Company’s annual audit process. This position will report to the Company’s Director of Financial Reporting.
The Manager of Financial Reporting will provide the necessary leadership and coordination of the Company's financial reporting function, as well as oversee the Company’s annual audit process. This position will report to the Company’s Director of Financial Reporting and work from the Company's headquarters in Memphis, TN. This role will also interact with the controllers and the chief financial officers across the Company's business units, as well as the Company’s Financial Planning & Analysis department.
- Coordinate the monthly consolidation process using Hyperion Financial Management and subsequent reporting to the Company’s investor group. This position will be required to work collaboratively with Rank and Reynolds Group Holdings, Ltd executives and to ensure the reporting is in compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Provide oversight of the Company’s financial statements to ensure accurate accounting and financial reporting.
- Perform analytical reviews of the Company’s financial statements (vs prior year, budget, trend, etc.) and investigate and provide explanations on identified variances.
- Provide guidance as it relates to technical accounting issues. Document the position the Company has taken, citing relevant IFRS literature.
- Develop and implement the necessary accounting policies and procedures with an overall focus on driving efficiencies through effective use of the accounting systems.
- Provide oversight of the Company’s global account reconciliation process using the Blackline software tool.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding finance leader with exceptional technical experience, a hands-on and high-energy management style, and a knack for partnering with business units and a senior leadership team. This executive will have a demonstrated ability to create vision and lead change through process improvement in an organization of relevant scale. He or she must demonstrate great communication skills, and take a proactive approach to communications throughout the company. The preferred candidate will have international experience, preferably within the finance ranks of a Fortune 100 manufacturing conglomerate with multiple business entities.
- The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in senior-level financial reporting roles, and ideally with a public/private company mix of experience.
- Experience in managing across a broad functional team within a matrixed finance organization is essential.
- Strong technical acumen, as well as strong business acumen exhibited through interface with business and functional leaders at a senior level. IFRS knowledge would be a significant plus.
- Deep knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal and influence capabilities. This role will have experience in motivating teams to produce high quality work within tight time frames. This role must have demonstrated experience in managing a large workload with multiple, competing priorities.
- Experience in managing finance issues related to business development activities would be a plus.
- Educationally, the successful candidate should hold a Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting, as well as have a CPA license and, ideally, "big four" accounting experience. An MBA would be viewed as a significant plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
5 + years of experience in senior-level financial reporting role
Big 4 experience a must
CPA , MBA a plus
Fortune 100 Manufacturing experience highly preferred
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $137K+
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- 5+ years experience in Senior Level Financial Reporting roles
- Big 4 experience a must, prefer someone who came out of Big 4 and into Fortune 100 manufacturing
- CPA a plus, MBA a plus
- Monthly & quarterly reporting responsibilities (no audit relationship)
- Must work independently and take a proactive approach
- ERP experience: must have either SAP or Oracle
- ERP systems used for this role: SAP, Oracle, GWD, Hyperion