HARTING, Inc. of North America is urgently seeking a Territory Sales Manager to join our team based out of a remote, home office in the California area.
As a Territory Sales Manager, you will be responsible for achieving the sales results for the assigned trade area to all key markets for the company’s different product groups by maintaining strong account contact. You are also responsible for improving account planning, and grow relationships with End-Users, OEMs and Distributors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate and recommend policies and objectives to ensure the most effective operation of field sales activities, and ensure that policies and objectives are fully understood and executed by all assigned personnel.
- Establish and maintain personal sales accountability with the key decision makers and influencers of existing and potential OEM customers.
- Work closely with marketing staff members in activities such as market and product selection; product introduction strategy; sales launches, and new programs and promotions as required.
- Develop an annual sales plan for the trading area to support Corporate and Sales/Marketing objectives.
- Supervise and review annual sales assignment by product group, market area, distributor, and account potential.
- Develop territory plans by market, key account, and key distribution channels for all new product introductions and sales.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Field, engineering a plus
- Broad knowledge of Technical Sales and Marketing concepts, along with sales and management techniques.
- Minimum 3 years of comprehensive business experience with some technical sales experience.
- Prior knowledge and use of CRM, SAP or another major ERP system preferred