The Dealer Consultant establishes, maintains and continually develops through prospecting and networking a client list of Independent and Franchise Automobile Dealers who are authorized and empowered to sell service contracts, warranties and other ancillary products as directed by the Sales AVP. Directly manages sales and marketing activities in the assigned territory by personally performing the following duties:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans including “monthly sales plan” and “dealer level sales forecast” to meet or exceed corporate goals.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, industry/trade association events, trade shows, auto auctions, auto trader ads, yellow pages, referrals, Internet web sites, and other sources provided by corporate office and/or AVP.
- Contact and qualify prospective dealers through referral sources, advertising leads and cold calls to present the GWC Value Proposition using professional selling techniques with a high level of confidence.
- Develop and maintain long term Dealer-Partner business relationships through frequent service calls, relationship building, issue resolution and training.
- Build positive/productive relationships with owners, general managers and other key contacts within the dealership.
- Advise dealers concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree* and a minimum of 3 years of outside or field sales experience with a proven track record for delivering outstanding results (*Significant job related experience and professional accomplishment may be considered a substitute).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be a self-starter, results driven, accountable, professional and collaborative
- Must have excellent communication, negotiation and follow-up skills
- Must have strong decision making and problem solving abilities
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel locally up to 75% of the time
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record at all times.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid registration and adequate auto insurance at all times.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a comprehensive background check
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
- Birmingham, AL
- B2B: 3 years
- Outside Sales: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License