The Role :
- Oversees, prepares, monitors, and directs budgeting, tax, accounting, purchasing and insurance activities, appraises the organization’s financial position, issues reports, and ensures compliance with federal and state fiscal requirements and regulations;
- Plans, organizes and directs the financial activities including, treasury management; prepares financial statements for all entities and ensures the completion of the annual audit;
- Establishes and maintains a system of internal controls on the financial operations of the organization;
- Maintains and provides support and oversight for multiple revenue sources (i.e. taxes, fee-for-service, development loans, grants, etc.);
- Attends meetings as a representative of the organization; serves as liaison with municipal official as directed;
- Other duties as directed
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in accounting (Required)
- 5+ years of experience in non-profit accounting
- 5+ years as an Accounting Manager/Controller or higher (Required)
- Ability to analyze, understand, and explain federal and state fiscal requirements and regulations, and knowledge of and ability to use accounting and financial computer software programs
- 5+ years of Quickbooks (Required)
- Candidates should also possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to produce
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is competitive and dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Competitive benefits package includes: health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and retirement package.
- Newly designed office space has a comfortable, open floor plan, which includes sunlight, operable windows, and a variety of workspace options to accommodate team projects.
Job Type: Full-time
- Newark, NJ
- Quickbooks: 5 years
- non-profit accounting: 5 years
- Accounting Manager/Controller: 5 years